1996 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: I can't believe I own a FORD

1996 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

GL Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

I can't believe I own a FORD
By Beefer on

1996 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I have a 1996 Taurus Sedan. When I first got it, it had around 150K km. on it and it was running great. It's quite comfortable to drive and it feels roomy but doesn't appear too big on the outside. I have to say that the BRAKES are quite bad, it cost me quite a bit of money to have them all replaced because the car would shake so much (4 disc brakes). Now at 185 thousand kilometers I think the transmission is on its way out. It has trouble shifting when passing or going up hills.

I really like the interior. The cupholders are great, the factory stereo, the climate control and other features are so easily accessable. A lot of storage room next to the drivers seat. Good trunk space as well.

Come on, it's a FORD. Besides my favorite features... it pretty much sucks. The door panels often fall out, there's always a warning light on. Sometimes I'm not sure if I should push the eject button.