Do not buy this car!
By EX-FordFan on
1996 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan
Dont let the looks fool you, this car is very spacious, comfortable, and has some good features. Its a bummer is that ford cut out some features on the later models like, rear disc brakes, rear vents, gear indicator on dash, and subwoofer. Also, do not go to Power Ford of Huntington Beach. I had a horrible experience with RB Bradley, who wouldn’t fix my car when I told him what was wrong and threatened to call the cops on me when I refused to pay the bill until spoke to the manager who was on vacation for 2 days. Ford ESP is worthless when you have to deal with b$ to get anything fixed. For more information on the taurus check out taurusclub [dot] com
Favorite Features
Keyless entry keypad on door. This is probably the best feature of the car. You can lock your keys in the car and let it warm up if you must! Also this car has rear air vents, something not common on cars in 1996, letalone many cars today unless you spring for the premium models.
Suggested Improvements
Reliability! So far I have replaced the engine, transmission, steering rack, heater blower motor, crank pulley, and multifunction switch. I cannot say I have bad luck since ford obvious did not put any thought into the parts they designed.