darn, darn, darn
By Alilly on
1996 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan
okay..so i purchased this car (which was my first one) last june with 80,000 miles on it...im not sure how many was on there when the whole car went up on me but it jusat did in febuary...7 months and each month after i brought it, it gave me problems from the cadilldic converter to the strut peices..u name it, it had a problem! the inside of the car is great i loved the cloth seats, it was very roomy and the design was cool but the car itself stinks really bad...ford...every ford stands up to its name FIX OR REPAIR DAILY i will never EVER purchase a ford again...such a headache...glad its gone!
Favorite Features
the interior loved the room on the inside...could fit my whole dorm room in the backseat! lol favorite thing ever was the motor going up on me lol bye bye ford
Suggested Improvements
everything electrical, or that had a motor, transmission...u name it
By ladyscorned
on 08/28/11 21:16 PM (PDT)

It's not just you honestly. I bought my Ford for $1,300 last year and ever since I bought it it's $100 here $300 there. I've already well surpassed the worth of the car and then the other day I had an appointment at college and when I gave it the gas once I was on the road it was like it was in reverse. Now I take great care of my vehicles, that is if people would stop hitting me. I have been hit in one car twice. The second time totaled it out. The first accident a dude backed over the front of my Buick and the second a dude plowed his truck into the side of my Buick because I guess he forgot where his brakes were. *shrugs* So I bought the ford because it was all the money I had at the time, what a money pit it's been. Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful car and I'd love to keep it but now they think it's the transmission and there is a chain dragging noise it's making a lot, what does that mean? I was told the transmission would cost about $1,700. That is more than I paid for the car! if anyone is selling something around here that runs and is less than $5,000 please let me know. Around here is Versailles, mo area. They said the cadilldic converter is going out in mine too. So that would be about what....$3,000 total to fix all of it? Might as well find something else that runs if I can. I'm not that emotionally invested in it! Oh and if anyone has anything for sale like I mentioned above that's not a Ford please let me know.