1996 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Constant work, take the bus 1s

1996 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Constant work, take the bus 1st, I did.
By Kelly on

1996 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

Was nice at 1st. Owned 3 years, only 91K miles on it, had new brakes 2x, temp thermometer gave out, gas lock which took paying 2x $1,000 for dealership to tell me I was "puttin the wrong gas in", swithed the gas like a smarty pants and STILL had the problem. Steering wheel needs to be parked straight or locks & won't start. Gear shifter gave out, all in 1 year, my car has been towed 7x, never ridden a bus in my life until I owned this car. Thought it would be reliable for college, boy was I wrong. Nothing but problems and ridin the bus constantly. Poorly built, car overheats still when idling at lights or slowing down. NEVER will buy Ford again. VERY bad car, not reliable at all.

I liked the interior and roominess. Very comfortable.

Focus more on the engine than the sleekness of it. The radiator is under the engine and takes 5 hrs to get to to replace. Make the car not overheat, no gas lock or lines/hoses looked at. I'll never buy Ford again because of this experience. Sad I had to pay out of pocket over $5k for only 91k miles.