1995 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Don's Review

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

Don's Review
By duffs62 on

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

The car is expensive to maintain, but then again, the '95s are now 9 years old. With well over 100,000 miles, the only major problems I've had are the starters going out. I'm on my third one. I'll be looking to replace the show in a year or two, and will be sad to see it go. I'll most likely be moving towards the up and coming imports that are looking good these days. Thank goodness they still put stick shifts in their mid-size cars. I love the styling. It's 9 years old and stands out from the newer cars that have similar performance.

Favorite Features

The SHO is great with Eibach springs and Tokico struts. They make the car handle like it's on rails. And the SHO Shop Y-pipe and Dynomax cat-back exhaust is the best investment as it gives a nice sound to the SHO.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to get some guts back and put something out there to compete with Acura and Infinity. The Lincoln LS is just to expensive, even compared with the new Acura TL. Use that platform, and build something that offers the imports some real competition.