1995 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Yamaha SHO's review

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

SHO Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Yamaha SHO's review
By Jason on

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

The SHO comes with a love/hate relationship. My '95 SHO has been a great car until my stupidity spun a rod bearing. The car is capable of beating supercars with a few modifications. The car takes very well to boost. On a stock motor with a Vortech T-trim supercharger, I produced 460hp. This car is not a great car for someone who does not have the knowledge, willingness to learn nor money to maintain it. Many of these cars have been beaten and show problems because of it (as with the case of my '92 SHO). On the flip- side, it has honed my skills quite well. This is definitely an enthusiasts car. Somehow I got hooked many years ago and I still have my SHO's, but have a Civic now too.

The Yamaha motor is a very well built motor than can handle some serious power when done right. I like the 'sleeper' effect as I can drive around virtually without being noticed (aside from the now ever-prevalent whistle from the Vortech T-trim and 3" exhaust).

Let Yamaha build the complete car, not just the engine. Stock brakes are not enough for a 3,300+ lbs car. Stock suspension provides dangerous under- steer. Wider stock rims. Smoother shifting manual transmission. Locate the oil filter somewhere away from where it can drip on the starter.