1995 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Great First Car

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Review

Great First Car
By JonFromSiouxCity on

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my '95 Taurus GL in the summer of 2005 since the '93 Aerostar I had caught fire. The price was right but I wasn't sure about it at first. It seemed like a big car and wasn't the "cool" thing to drive. But it grew on my pretty quick. I've been in several accidents in the time I've had it (nicknamed her Doris) and I've walked away from every one. It's big enough to comfortably carry 6 people at a time, which I love. The ride and handling are incredible for a car of it's age. The tranny doesn't shift real smooth, however. One problem has also been some of the interior amenities, like the trunk and gas release mechanisms don't work and the power seat gives me trouble once in a while.

The seats are comfy, good handling, strong heat/AC, lots of interior and cargo room, good ride, does well in wet and snowy comditions. The engine! If you keep up the maintenance this car will run forever!

The door panels are cheap. I have mine siliconed on currently. The fuel economy in my Taurus hasn't been great. I average 17-19 mpg with mixed driving and get about 23-25 on long interstate trips. I plan on trading it for a Mazda6 hatchback soon. But I fear a day will come when I will miss this car!