1995 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Getting OLD

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Getting OLD
By Mom0f2Boys on

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

In the 9 years I have owned this car, I have had not had a lot of problems, thankfully. The M.P.G. was in the mid 30's, and everything worked great. Now, the plastic pieces from the heating vents, seat controls, and power window features are breaking. The M.P.G. is around 20 (if I am driving very carefully). The six cylinders are still peppy if you have to move the beast, but the turning radius is obnoxious. I have had better luck turning a big rig. Also, being that it is front wheel, you have to make sure to keep the tires rotated or you will burn through tires. The cup holder is so small that all it will fit is a child's size cup. No, your super cute Starbucks coffee will not fit.

Favorite Features

I would have to say the layout is great. I love that everything stays in sight and visible. You don't have to bend down to adjust anything.

Suggested Improvements

Where to start... 1. Tighten the turning radius. 2. Move the wiper blades a quarter inch to the right so the left side doesn't hit in a downpour. 3. Put a little better foam padding in the seats, it has no support whatsoever. 4. Distribute the weight in the motor a little better.