1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great Car
By housewife on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Reliable Car, I would buy it again. Never had any problems. Changed the oil on time, and maintained it with the recommended factory checkups. Great Car.

Love my SE
By T. Shields on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this vehicle for approximately 4 years. Have never had a break down or any major problems. I maintain it with full synthetic oil (Mobil 1) even with that I still change the oil every 5,000 miles. I perform as much preventative maintenance as possible. One of the best cars I have ever owned. It currently has 98,000 miles and is still going strong. Ford did it right on the 95 Taurus SE.

It's an okay car`
By Toyota Lover on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

although toyota makes em better, I still like my taurus. I'd heard bad things about them, but so far(knock on wood) i haven't had any of them. I have 85,000 miles on it and hope to push it to 150,000 at least. everybody pray for me, i think i might need it. The cooling fan went out on me recently. Battery did its last dance yesterday.

My 95 SHO MTX is great!
By Santafeblue22 on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I've gotten 120K of trouble free miles so far. I've replaced only the power antenna and a rear brake bracket.

great price, reliable, not flashy
By jmick on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

If you're buying one of these things in an attempt to be unique, try again. If you want to get where you're going in a hurry or even if you want to beat an old woman in a Buick off the start, think again. BUT, if you just want a nice big car that's cheap and easy to drive, here ya' go. After I totalled my MX-6 I wanted a BIG car. I bought the taurus w/ 50k miles on it, now it's got 80k. I've had to replace a radiator (standard on a ford). Other than that, it's great. I've learned to love my Taurus and to give a nod to all the retirees that I'm with in the slow lane.

Served me well
By choco_drop2001 on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car w/60k miles. I drove it back and forth from Cal to Az twice monthly for 6 month plus up and down the Cal coast. The car handled well for it's size and did not start to give me problems until about 155K miles. Now the transmission and rear motor mounts are going and it's not worth the cost to repair. But I would say I was pleased overall with the handling, price and service I got from the vehicle.

great price, reliable, not flashy
By JMick on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I Love This Car, So Far
By eem150 on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I previously owned an 1988 Taurus, so this 95's my second one. I've also never owned any other cars. I really like the car, it has good power, it's comfortable, and it's large. The spedometer is up the creek without a paddle. The lighter also got stuck in the push-in position, kept heating up. I panicked and picked it out, dropped it on the carpet, lost it under the seat while the carpet burned, then threw it out the window. Other than that, no major problems ... yet.

The worst car I've ever had
By pikepaul22 on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used and had nothing but issues. Issues like 3 transmissions in three months. This car was absolutely pathetic, and I will never buy another Ford after this horrible experience.

get one now
By mr.t on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

is it a family car or a sport car? well, if it were a normal taurus, the previous would be the awnser, however it is an sho. who doesnt love a v6 with 220 hp in a family sedan? i love getting this beast out and showing up all the kids who have their brand new imports or their daddy's mustang. this car is simply fierce. with a new ram air intake and hi-flow exhaust ive increased my power to 250 for about $500. with the added power mustang gts are in my reach and even the normal camaro is no problem. this things biggest advantage is surprise. no one expects to lose to a taurus, sho or no.