Used 1995 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Most Helpful|
money trap
By deryk

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year ago it had 120,000 miles on it since I got it I've had to replace all the struts all the brakes, rear main seal, radiator thermostat, water pump, a/c hose assym, power steering pump, and brake pedal switch. And the trans is starting to slip obscenely. I've put more into the car then I paid for it which was 700 dollars. I got it from an old lady who was the original owner and had it maintained by dealership. All in all this car sucks and I wish I had the money to get a truck.

Favorite Features

it starts right up

Suggested Improvements

drivetrain and liquids need to stop leaking

SHOcerely
By Steuart

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

The SHO was an excellent car. It is too bad that newer comparable versions do not exist. My husband and I love our SHO; however, we have had our fair, or more than fair, share of problems. Our SHO has 106,000 miles and has provided us with a few headaches. Ford is not well known for reliability. Unless the SHO is replaced with something comparable we opt not to buy Ford for in the future.

Favorite Features

I love the sound our SHO makes. The modified exhaust purrs like a cat.

Suggested Improvements

Make a vehicle that will last for well over 100,000 miles.

Great Value
By 95SHO

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

The car has been very reliable with only minor troubles since I bought it; cam sensor, starter and heater door control. Parts are not hard to find if you use the internet for your searches. Some dealers still have plenty of parts. The Yamaha engine is fantastic, simply the best in any vehicle I've had to date. Keep up with the maintenance and the car will last a long time.

Favorite Features

Yamaha engine.

Suggested Improvements

Brake upgrades; the rotors tend to warp. Get a good cross-drilled rotor and that problem will go away.

Great Car
By jmjrpid7581

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car bank in 1997 had about 30,000 miles on it. Done the regular maintenance on the car even transmission oil change. The car still runs to this day. The car has 184,560 miles on it. Still the same transmission and engine never had trouble with any. The alternator got it tested it was ok but I still replaced it. also replaced the ac compressor and power steering pump due to the car getting high mileage and wear. Also have changed the front suspension and rear suspension . To me this is regular maintenance.

Favorite Features

The car is a great car. To me never had trouble with it. I just regular maintained the car.

Suggested Improvements

Well after 17 years some of the paint is coming off and a few rust spots are forming will get these rust spots maintained soon.

What an amazing car.
By ryan21288

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

This is my third SHO so I guess you could say im partial to them. My first was a 93 5spd, then i got a 93 Auto, and now i have a 95 Auto with 165k. The SHO is my car to take out on nice summer days. The yamaha motor is amazing and was well ahead of its time. I love the sound it makes too. Mine is fully loaded with Leather, JBL sound, moonroof, key less entry with keypad, etc. I haven't had any major problems with any of my SHO's although i have had to do the normal repairs. What really surprises me is the handling. Once you drive the car it doesn't feel so big. Its very nimble for its size.

Favorite Features

Yamaha Motor, Comfy seats, Sleeper styling, Beautiful noise from the motor, The great looking intake manifold, Handling, Ride Quality, Keypad on the door.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger Trans(mine still shifts fine at 165k but others have problems), Bigger brakes(easily fixed with the 96 upgrade), Heated seats would be nice.