Used 1995 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Money was worth it
By larieaux

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I actually bought this car for $1300 from a gas station with lots of hidden problems with it. About a week after purchase my car wouldn't start because my starter had died then that same day after getting it fixed my car had to be towed again because I had blown fuses. After that the car was loud but it ran great. When i finally gathered up enough to get the exhaust work done I found out that I had no catalytic converters. This was after I replaced the rear struts and sway bar links and battery. Then I found out I had a nasty leak in the main transmission seal which possessed me to sell it after everything we had been through together. but over all that the car got me where I needed to be.

Interior I guess...maybe I don't have any.

Better transmission PLEASE! When I bought the car it already had a 1 year old rebuilt one in it. Now it's going again?

yeehaw
By luvdenise

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is super reliable, super-quick, and I feel super-safe. However, it doesn't have the best fuel economy and it's not getting the "Most Beautiful Car Award" But, it's been a trooper and seen 2 children through high school without ever breaking down. That makes this a million dollar car!

Super-duper comfort. Feels almost like a Lincoln. Ummm, good speakers, really cold air, really, really quick takeoffs.

Fuel economy.

Excellent Car
By Hooch

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Excellent car with great comfort and stying, although fuel mileage and capacity could be much improved.

Interior is perfectly designed.

Fuel tank capacity and mileage.

weak performance
By mad dog

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Transmission always clunked or slipped. Rebuilt one is better. Small things always break; interior door handles, speedometer, power door locks, etc. Poor gas mileage and alignment needs adjusting annually.

The engine has enough power to handle highway driving.

Replace the transmission. The factory installed one is junk.

Not bad but not good
By rambo76098

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This car is a decent car but is not good at anything. It is somewhat comfortable but has bad gas milage, can go fast easily but takes a while, works usually but often will have many minor problems, drives ok but often rattles, shakes, vibrates, Braking system stinks as i have replaced entire rear system and it has broken again. Car has good trunk room but seats don't fold down. Transmision occassionally clunks and misses shifts, etc. Overall it's not a bad car, however usually a car has one thing it is good at; stopping, going, gas economy, comfort, quietness, or something else, but this car is just mediocre at all of those things.

Room enough for a 6'6" guy. Has never completely died except for belt and battery. I like the stereo, fog lights, remote starter and subwoofers that I installed.

Better cup holders - who puts them above the radio? Better radio placement, better overall quality. speedometer that doesn't break, headlight covers that dont turn yellow from sun damage, and better fuel economy and power.