1995 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great used car purchase
By Taurus Driver on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for an affordable used car, and I ended up looking at a Silver taurus SE with all the options. The great thing is that Taurus' are so popular that you can find one easily and cheaply. They are dependable. I haven't had any major problems. The AC is awesome and so is the driving stability. Can't say the same about the brakes. Even with all new brakes, this heavy car brakes slowly. Its a great travel car for 4 or even 5 people. Its design is so bland that it still fits in with todays models, so you won't feel like your driving an older car! I love my Taurus. It has over 150K on it and looks like it could go for 200K.

Very good buy
By Connor54 on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car two years ago with a salvage title - it had been totaled. Milage was low, the price was right, and I needed a car. I figured I'd get a year of commuting out of it. Not only have I gotten my year, this is the car we use as our main vehicle. Our other 1995 Taurus is the wife's car which we bought the year before. Both cars have served well. They are not exciting but we can count on them. Gas Milage is not bad 24 general, 32 highway cruising. The only major expense so far has been the odometers and cables. If the odometer goes - replace the cable at the same time. Also, change transmission fluid at 40,000 or so.

mixed review
By jericson on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

As far as its reliabilty and performance it has much to be desired. While on vacation, about 500 miles from home the ignition module went out and left us stranded. (there were lawsuits with Ford over this problem-some families were killed when this happened to them) Many other times, not far from home, especially on warm days I would get stranded after driving a relatively short distance, turning the car off. When I would try to start the car up again it would not start-but hours later it would start. After Ford put out a bulletin regarding this problem (fuel pump) we had that replaced.

a good good car
By Azaleosis13 on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car(3.8 L) for 8 years. After the head gasket recall mess (took 3 tries)a fuel injector replacement (due to leaking head gasket) and new motor mounts, it has been a commuter (30 mi/day). Given the mechanical history, I was test-driving replacements for this car, but 500 miles of highway driving have changed my opinion. This car's back seat exceeds the comfort of anything I have test-driven so far. I will keep this car for at least two more years, and if there's a new transmission required during that time, so be it. My only regret is that I don't have the station wagon.

so far so good
By r_erickson on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Picked up the tauras from an older lady with 75k, currently have a 100k. She broke it in gently, and I've been driving it like a racecar. No major probs other than the rear power windows don't function. Horror stories about tranny failures after 100k make me a little leary, especially with the hard driving I give it. I'm staying on top of preventive maintenance and its never hiccupped yet.

Great Car
By housewife on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Reliable Car, I would buy it again. Never had any problems. Changed the oil on time, and maintained it with the recommended factory checkups. Great Car.

Love my SE
By T. Shields on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this vehicle for approximately 4 years. Have never had a break down or any major problems. I maintain it with full synthetic oil (Mobil 1) even with that I still change the oil every 5,000 miles. I perform as much preventative maintenance as possible. One of the best cars I have ever owned. It currently has 98,000 miles and is still going strong. Ford did it right on the 95 Taurus SE.

It's an okay car`
By Toyota Lover on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

although toyota makes em better, I still like my taurus. I'd heard bad things about them, but so far(knock on wood) i haven't had any of them. I have 85,000 miles on it and hope to push it to 150,000 at least. everybody pray for me, i think i might need it. The cooling fan went out on me recently. Battery did its last dance yesterday.

Served me well
By choco_drop2001 on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car w/60k miles. I drove it back and forth from Cal to Az twice monthly for 6 month plus up and down the Cal coast. The car handled well for it's size and did not start to give me problems until about 155K miles. Now the transmission and rear motor mounts are going and it's not worth the cost to repair. But I would say I was pleased overall with the handling, price and service I got from the vehicle.

great price, reliable, not flashy
By jmick on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

If you're buying one of these things in an attempt to be unique, try again. If you want to get where you're going in a hurry or even if you want to beat an old woman in a Buick off the start, think again. BUT, if you just want a nice big car that's cheap and easy to drive, here ya' go. After I totalled my MX-6 I wanted a BIG car. I bought the taurus w/ 50k miles on it, now it's got 80k. I've had to replace a radiator (standard on a ford). Other than that, it's great. I've learned to love my Taurus and to give a nod to all the retirees that I'm with in the slow lane.