1995 Ford Taurus LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Better than expected.
By mrdetailer on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

This vehicle with the 3.0 vulcan engine is smooth, quiet and has good power. If midgrade is used at my altitude, it gets good gas mileage. Engine consumes almost no oil.

my tarus
By boyddw2 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

no problems ever, will drive it anywhere

not too bad
By sincenew on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

under warranty had transmission leak, heater fan problems..and a speedometer cable problem..after warranty replaced the radiator and cooling fan, has been very dependable for 8 yrs.

This is great
By street king 17 on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a little while and i still like it my buddy just bought a new nissan truck and he hates it....I think the 3.0 in this car with 93000 miles has more power than his truck.I really like how comfortable the inside is....it's much better than the cavilier i used to drive

1995 Ford Taurus GL
By jfreier on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Probably the worst car I've owned. Radiator went out, electric fan motor went out, transmission feels funny and makes a huge jolt when going from park to reverse/drive. I would not recommend this front-wheel drive car to anyone. Do yourself a favor... buy a Crown Victoria or Chev Lumina.

Watch the trans
By Packers00646 on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Very expensive parts when they need to be replaced, A rebuilt Trans is about $2,000.00.

A strong, reliable car
By NL on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Pros: Great in snow, reliable, comfortable, fast for its power rating, excellent ride & handling for base model, good looks, big trunk, solid, antilock brakes, 4-wheel disk brakes(one of the best features), fuel-door lock. Cons: Not enough power, gas mileage could be better(20city/23highway), a few rattles, cheap interior materials (dash, doors).

Ford
By japaneseman on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Good. I love the V6 engine and its really fast.

It's been a good strong car overall
By Tj on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

This car's base engine has been wonderful. I bought this car at 9,000 miles and now it has 113000 and I have put very little money into upkeep considering the amount of use. The speedometer went out, one rear window quit working and the windshield wiper fluid pump died. Lots of trouble with the hoses and had to replace the radiator. The cupholders are the worst design every. Fluid splashes up onto the stereo. It's been my only transportation for 8 years and it's never died on me.

Taurus
By Justin_TX on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Wagon

Car belonged to my grandmother until the headgasket failed (as many Ford 3.8Ls do) at ~68000 miles. Coolant leaked into the crankcase... spun a bearing and threw a rod. I got the opportunity to replace the engine... Its a nice car when it is running. Seafoam Green is probably the ugliest color in the world though.