1995 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
I Love This Car, So Far
By eem150 on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I previously owned an 1988 Taurus, so this 95's my second one. I've also never owned any other cars. I really like the car, it has good power, it's comfortable, and it's large. The spedometer is up the creek without a paddle. The lighter also got stuck in the push-in position, kept heating up. I panicked and picked it out, dropped it on the carpet, lost it under the seat while the carpet burned, then threw it out the window. Other than that, no major problems ... yet.

Solid Vehicle
By cb20234 on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Just a very solid, roomy, no-frills car. Bought the car with approx. 70,000 mi. on it, drove it until 150,000 mi. when it was totalled. Did not have to make any major ($100+) mechanical repairs. When the transmission goes, it is brutally expensive, but I have had two Tauruses; the first made it to 160,000 mi, the second was fine at 150,000 mi. At that point, you don't fix it, just junk it. All in all, solid, reliable and comfortable.

OK Car
By mike4743 on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This was my first car- bought it in 2000. BAD- Speedometer, Cupholders, Transmission, Fuel Pump, Power with full load, gas mileage in town (17 mpg) GOOD- Power with no load, Comfortable, Handles well, Brakes, Steering, the ability to cram tons of people and stuff in. I bought w/ 92K, it now has 124K. During that time I have probably put $700 into it, but I do lots of work on my own.

Decent
By cbrian22 on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been very dependable. Only the alternator and the Speedometer has went out. The windshield wipers also quit working. I understand that the speedometer is a big problem in this model and getting it replaced is hard to do because of the risk of incorrect mileage when selling the vehicle. This car handles good and has ample power with good fuel economy.

Caveat Emptor
By qmac2000 on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I,m sure some people drive their Taurus and have no problems, not me. Steering wheel locked @ 30k miles, engine mounts broke @ 36k(Ford would not fix them even though I feel this was not normal wear and tear). Coolant hoses blew while on vacation @ 50k, coil and module failed @60k(close to home fortunately), several of the power window buttons do not function and the windsheild washer pump works occasionally. To its credit the exterior has held up very well and there is no rust yet, although a few trim pieces have come lose and I had to glue them back on.

Head Gasket Hell
By No More Fords on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Its a good car if you get the base engine, The 3.8 is not a good engine the problems with the head gaskets are not worth the extra performance. So far the forth set of head gaskets have lasted 40000 miles I hope it holds on to 150000.

Safety vs. Looks
By cbassett01 on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Overall, I feel that the Taurus (mainly 94-95 model year) vehicles were excellent cars. Both in safety and performance.

Best car I have ever owned!
By Mhawk4851 on 02/27/02 13:31 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

It is a confortable ride and very good handling. It is very good on snow.