1995 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great Buy
By John G. on 07/16/07 08:38 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1996 from a Ford dealer. It had 21,000 miles and in perfect condition. This has been my family car as well as a business use car. There have been no major problems with the car and it is in great condition. The body is in great shape with one door dimple. There are a couple of dimples on the roof from a hail storm but barely noticible. The interior is in good shape and is clean. The tires are Goodyear tires and are like new. The car has never been in an accident of any kind. The oil was changed at about 4,000 miles. There is a rattle up front that could be associated with the shock absorber. Mechanic could not find it.

Dependable little first car
By gibsonguitar on 04/20/07 20:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This is my first car, I have ever owned. I bought it all in cash. So far since ownership I have had two major problems. Both problems were, fortunately, easy to fix. Rack and Pinion system was bad, and was replaced. And lastly, while driving, a strut broke on the left front with no prior indication or warning, taking the front left shock with it. The engine could use a little more kick and transmission is a little clunky and noisy. All in all this has been a great car. Durable engine fires every time the key is turned. Heat and AC excellent.

Bit the Dust
By Texas Blondell on 04/16/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I never had a problem with this car breaking down. I had it checked every six months. The ABS kicked in when it was supposed to. This car was very reliable. enjoyed having this car. The disappointment was that even though being well maintained the major parts, i.e. engine and transmission just went with age. I have a good looking exterior car but it is worthless because the repairs are too costly.

Surprised
By Taurus on 04/05/07 06:51 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a beater. Havent heard good things about Taurus's, but think it might be due to the nondescript styling. Bought the car cheap with 104,000 miles. Everything works. Have taken it on two road trips so far, did great. Very pleased with my cheap purchase

Do Not Buy This Car!
By jemone2005 on 07/27/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My wife parents bought this car for us because our 1994 Cavalier(which was a good car) got wrecked and we were having hard times. I told them not to do it! They paid $3000 for it. The check engine light came on after my wife got it home that same day. Where do I begin with the problems? Broken speedometer, cloudy headlights, multiple emission problems (catalytic converter costs $450+installation in 2004!), bad transmission, poor gas mileage, cheaply made seals so something always leaks. I know it is 2006, so if you re looking for a cheap secondary car do not buy this one. The reason people are selling Tauruses for a song with very little miles is because they want to get it out of the driveway.

Money was worth it
By larieaux on 06/08/06 16:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I actually bought this car for $1300 from a gas station with lots of hidden problems with it. About a week after purchase my car wouldn't start because my starter had died then that same day after getting it fixed my car had to be towed again because I had blown fuses. After that the car was loud but it ran great. When i finally gathered up enough to get the exhaust work done I found out that I had no catalytic converters. This was after I replaced the rear struts and sway bar links and battery. Then I found out I had a nasty leak in the main transmission seal which possessed me to sell it after everything we had been through together. but over all that the car got me where I needed to be.

yeehaw
By luvdenise on 01/11/06 21:14 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is super reliable, super-quick, and I feel super-safe. However, it doesn't have the best fuel economy and it's not getting the "Most Beautiful Car Award" But, it's been a trooper and seen 2 children through high school without ever breaking down. That makes this a million dollar car!

Excellent Car
By Hooch on 11/14/05 19:08 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Excellent car with great comfort and stying, although fuel mileage and capacity could be much improved.

weak performance
By mad dog on 09/05/05 10:06 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Transmission always clunked or slipped. Rebuilt one is better. Small things always break; interior door handles, speedometer, power door locks, etc. Poor gas mileage and alignment needs adjusting annually.

Not bad but not good
By rambo76098 on 03/13/05 15:16 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This car is a decent car but is not good at anything. It is somewhat comfortable but has bad gas milage, can go fast easily but takes a while, works usually but often will have many minor problems, drives ok but often rattles, shakes, vibrates, Braking system stinks as i have replaced entire rear system and it has broken again. Car has good trunk room but seats don't fold down. Transmision occassionally clunks and misses shifts, etc. Overall it's not a bad car, however usually a car has one thing it is good at; stopping, going, gas economy, comfort, quietness, or something else, but this car is just mediocre at all of those things.