Used 1995 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Fantastic Car
By BrooklynOH

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Got it about a week ago as my first car. I love it, it is roomy and it runs very well for being 14 years old. Also I have not rust or any body problems. In my eyes it is a perfect first car. ONLY 37000 MILES!!!!

Favorite Features

Mileage, Roomy interior, Built Well!

Suggested Improvements

NONE!!!

Best Ford
By iguanaman00

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This is my first car i have owned and i dont wanna ever let it go. the first thing bad that happend was the starter went out and then park.The heater core was out when i got it..and just recently my water pump went out but it is still running great today. when u get in the back of the car it sound like a Boat engine.lol. I love it and it is my baby.not really a ford man but i highly recomend this car.It also matters who was the first owner and how much maintence was kept up. Passes smog with flying colors. only one thing i dont like it the cassete player and the speakers dont bump like the new cars do. But when u are on the side of the rode listening to your 3000 pound raio.I will be cruzin

Favorite Features

love the kick back seats, and big trunk. Pretty good gas Millege for a V6

Suggested Improvements

Need better sound system

Great Car!
By mch218

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I got this car when I just turned 16. At that time it had never been in the shop. But one month later the transmission went out. Since then, everything has been great. We keep the oil changed every 3000 miles and do regular maintenance. What is so surprising is the gas mileage. Online says I should get 28 MPG new, yet I'm getting 30 MPG and this is 13 years old! I recently drove from New Orleans to Starkville, MS on less than 3/4 of a tank. The car had 156,000 miles in 2006, and I'm nearing 200,000 right now and she still runs like new.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, reliability, interior arrangement.

Suggested Improvements

More cupholders, better sound system.

Never wish this on nobody!
By daddy-danny

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Worst car Iíve ever owned. It was my second car when I was 18 years old, and I only bought it because I wrecked my long lasting 96 Sentra. Cost were too much. I'm telling you, it doesnít get more like a bucket than this. I bought it with 150 thousand miles on It driving fine for $1300. 2nd day of ownership, it overheated, and 1st week of ownership the alternator went out. 100 bucks. 1st 2 weeks of ownership the transmission went to crap. 500 bucks in fixations. I'm telling you, this car was a problem. I bought it in September of 2005, and by November the transmission messed up again, not allowing it to drive more than 60 mph. By may of 2006, it wasnít driving faster than 25 mph.

Favorite Features

Roomy!

Suggested Improvements

Quality, ...on everything!

Great First Car
By JonFromSiouxCity

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my '95 Taurus GL in the summer of 2005 since the '93 Aerostar I had caught fire. The price was right but I wasn't sure about it at first. It seemed like a big car and wasn't the "cool" thing to drive. But it grew on my pretty quick. I've been in several accidents in the time I've had it (nicknamed her Doris) and I've walked away from every one. It's big enough to comfortably carry 6 people at a time, which I love. The ride and handling are incredible for a car of it's age. The tranny doesn't shift real smooth, however. One problem has also been some of the interior amenities, like the trunk and gas release mechanisms don't work and the power seat gives me trouble once in a while.

Favorite Features

The seats are comfy, good handling, strong heat/AC, lots of interior and cargo room, good ride, does well in wet and snowy comditions. The engine! If you keep up the maintenance this car will run forever!

Suggested Improvements

The door panels are cheap. I have mine siliconed on currently. The fuel economy in my Taurus hasn't been great. I average 17-19 mpg with mixed driving and get about 23-25 on long interstate trips. I plan on trading it for a Mazda6 hatchback soon. But I fear a day will come when I will miss this car!