Used 1995 Ford Taurus GL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

money trap
By deryk

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year ago it had 120,000 miles on it since I got it I've had to replace all the struts all the brakes, rear main seal, radiator thermostat, water pump, a/c hose assym, power steering pump, and brake pedal switch. And the trans is starting to slip obscenely. I've put more into the car then I paid for it which was 700 dollars. I got it from an old lady who was the original owner and had it maintained by dealership. All in all this car sucks and I wish I had the money to get a truck.

it starts right up

drivetrain and liquids need to stop leaking

I discovered why it was so cheap
By eandatoo

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in 1999 from a Toyota dealer as one of their trade-ins. It was only four years old at the time. Almost immediately, it started having problems. The electric fan for the radiater failed. The power steering leaked. The ignition failed. We had to replace the starter four times! The front struts are failing. That's just a few items among several others.This car has left us stranded several times. It cost us tons in rapairs, not to mention the missed work from the down time. Only later did we learn from different sources that the '95 was the worse year for the Taurus. Steer clear of this one, folks!

Rides comfortably (when it's running). Has good power and good a/c.

Make it more reliable. Stop cutting corners

A Mid-Size Classic
By asylum111

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I've had this car since Fall '95 when it had 12,500 miles on it. She'd been a program car and was still basically new. It now has 203,000 miles on it, and I wouldn't take anything for it. For an older V-6, the performance is excellent, both from a stop, and on the top end. Handling is not outstanding, but decent enough that I've had a lot of fun with it. Comfort is first- class, and I'd put it up against most any more expensive luxury car made in the mid-90s. Fuel economy is still good, and I get about 25 mpg in mixed driving. I have gotten low 32 or so on long trips, and all-city mpg is nothing to sneeze at at 19. She's had many minor problems, but nothing major.

Roomy, comfortable, safe, fun, fast, outstanding body integrity, front and side visibility, superior engine and transmission reliability

Bigger cup holders that are located somewhere other than next to the radio. Better, more reliable brakes. Smoother, more reliable suspension. Smoother ride. Better overall eliability, slightly better rear visibility

Bit the Dust
By Texas Blondell

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I never had a problem with this car breaking down. I had it checked every six months. The ABS kicked in when it was supposed to. This car was very reliable. enjoyed having this car. The disappointment was that even though being well maintained the major parts, i.e. engine and transmission just went with age. I have a good looking exterior car but it is worthless because the repairs are too costly.

Surprised
By Taurus

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a beater. Havent heard good things about Taurus's, but think it might be due to the nondescript styling. Bought the car cheap with 104,000 miles. Everything works. Have taken it on two road trips so far, did great. Very pleased with my cheap purchase

Power drivers seat. Radio controls on dash by steering wheel. Good ride.

More power, the car struggles on uphill on ramps. but it is 12 years old