Used 1995 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

What an amazing car.
By ryan21288

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

This is my third SHO so I guess you could say im partial to them. My first was a 93 5spd, then i got a 93 Auto, and now i have a 95 Auto with 165k. The SHO is my car to take out on nice summer days. The yamaha motor is amazing and was well ahead of its time. I love the sound it makes too. Mine is fully loaded with Leather, JBL sound, moonroof, key less entry with keypad, etc. I haven't had any major problems with any of my SHO's although i have had to do the normal repairs. What really surprises me is the handling. Once you drive the car it doesn't feel so big. Its very nimble for its size.

Yamaha Motor, Comfy seats, Sleeper styling, Beautiful noise from the motor, The great looking intake manifold, Handling, Ride Quality, Keypad on the door.

Stronger Trans(mine still shifts fine at 165k but others have problems), Bigger brakes(easily fixed with the 96 upgrade), Heated seats would be nice.

Fantastic Car
By BrooklynOH

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Got it about a week ago as my first car. I love it, it is roomy and it runs very well for being 14 years old. Also I have not rust or any body problems. In my eyes it is a perfect first car. ONLY 37000 MILES!!!!

Mileage, Roomy interior, Built Well!

NONE!!!

Best Ford
By iguanaman00

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

This is my first car i have owned and i dont wanna ever let it go. the first thing bad that happend was the starter went out and then park.The heater core was out when i got it..and just recently my water pump went out but it is still running great today. when u get in the back of the car it sound like a Boat engine.lol. I love it and it is my baby.not really a ford man but i highly recomend this car.It also matters who was the first owner and how much maintence was kept up. Passes smog with flying colors. only one thing i dont like it the cassete player and the speakers dont bump like the new cars do. But when u are on the side of the rode listening to your 3000 pound raio.I will be cruzin

love the kick back seats, and big trunk. Pretty good gas Millege for a V6

Need better sound system

Great Car!
By mch218

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I got this car when I just turned 16. At that time it had never been in the shop. But one month later the transmission went out. Since then, everything has been great. We keep the oil changed every 3000 miles and do regular maintenance. What is so surprising is the gas mileage. Online says I should get 28 MPG new, yet I'm getting 30 MPG and this is 13 years old! I recently drove from New Orleans to Starkville, MS on less than 3/4 of a tank. The car had 156,000 miles in 2006, and I'm nearing 200,000 right now and she still runs like new.

Gas mileage, reliability, interior arrangement.

More cupholders, better sound system.

Never wish this on nobody!
By daddy-danny

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Worst car Iíve ever owned. It was my second car when I was 18 years old, and I only bought it because I wrecked my long lasting 96 Sentra. Cost were too much. I'm telling you, it doesnít get more like a bucket than this. I bought it with 150 thousand miles on It driving fine for $1300. 2nd day of ownership, it overheated, and 1st week of ownership the alternator went out. 100 bucks. 1st 2 weeks of ownership the transmission went to crap. 500 bucks in fixations. I'm telling you, this car was a problem. I bought it in September of 2005, and by November the transmission messed up again, not allowing it to drive more than 60 mph. By may of 2006, it wasnít driving faster than 25 mph.

Roomy!