1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
What an amazing car.
By ryan21288 on 07/25/09 20:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

This is my third SHO so I guess you could say im partial to them. My first was a 93 5spd, then i got a 93 Auto, and now i have a 95 Auto with 165k. The SHO is my car to take out on nice summer days. The yamaha motor is amazing and was well ahead of its time. I love the sound it makes too. Mine is fully loaded with Leather, JBL sound, moonroof, key less entry with keypad, etc. I haven't had any major problems with any of my SHO's although i have had to do the normal repairs. What really surprises me is the handling. Once you drive the car it doesn't feel so big. Its very nimble for its size.

Fantastic Car
By BrooklynOH on 04/10/09 16:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Got it about a week ago as my first car. I love it, it is roomy and it runs very well for being 14 years old. Also I have not rust or any body problems. In my eyes it is a perfect first car. ONLY 37000 MILES!!!!

Best Ford
By iguanaman00 on 03/21/09 00:07 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

This is my first car i have owned and i dont wanna ever let it go. the first thing bad that happend was the starter went out and then park.The heater core was out when i got it..and just recently my water pump went out but it is still running great today. when u get in the back of the car it sound like a Boat engine.lol. I love it and it is my baby.not really a ford man but i highly recomend this car.It also matters who was the first owner and how much maintence was kept up. Passes smog with flying colors. only one thing i dont like it the cassete player and the speakers dont bump like the new cars do. But when u are on the side of the rode listening to your 3000 pound raio.I will be cruzin

Great Car!
By mch218 on 11/13/08 09:34 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I got this car when I just turned 16. At that time it had never been in the shop. But one month later the transmission went out. Since then, everything has been great. We keep the oil changed every 3000 miles and do regular maintenance. What is so surprising is the gas mileage. Online says I should get 28 MPG new, yet I'm getting 30 MPG and this is 13 years old! I recently drove from New Orleans to Starkville, MS on less than 3/4 of a tank. The car had 156,000 miles in 2006, and I'm nearing 200,000 right now and she still runs like new.

Never wish this on nobody!
By daddy-danny on 10/10/08 09:20 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Worst car I’ve ever owned. It was my second car when I was 18 years old, and I only bought it because I wrecked my long lasting 96 Sentra. Cost were too much. I'm telling you, it doesn’t get more like a bucket than this. I bought it with 150 thousand miles on It driving fine for $1300. 2nd day of ownership, it overheated, and 1st week of ownership the alternator went out. 100 bucks. 1st 2 weeks of ownership the transmission went to crap. 500 bucks in fixations. I'm telling you, this car was a problem. I bought it in September of 2005, and by November the transmission messed up again, not allowing it to drive more than 60 mph. By may of 2006, it wasn’t driving faster than 25 mph.

Great First Car
By JonFromSiouxCity on 10/06/08 06:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my '95 Taurus GL in the summer of 2005 since the '93 Aerostar I had caught fire. The price was right but I wasn't sure about it at first. It seemed like a big car and wasn't the "cool" thing to drive. But it grew on my pretty quick. I've been in several accidents in the time I've had it (nicknamed her Doris) and I've walked away from every one. It's big enough to comfortably carry 6 people at a time, which I love. The ride and handling are incredible for a car of it's age. The tranny doesn't shift real smooth, however. One problem has also been some of the interior amenities, like the trunk and gas release mechanisms don't work and the power seat gives me trouble once in a while.

1995 Ford Taurus GL 6 cy 3.8 ltr engine
By Donna Richmond on 09/05/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

This car is the best car we have ever had! The transmission just recently won't shift out of gear and will only go 25 miles per hour, with over 480,000 miles on it! We had the first transmission replaced at 40,000 miles under warranty and has rode fine ever since. It has had regular maintenence plus, a radiator, water and fuel pump, along with a couple of electric starters since we first got it as a program car with 8,000 miles on it. It is great driving across the country as well as around town. It hugs the curves of a windy road wonderfully, is smooth on a gravel road, and great in rain or snow. It is an extremely reliable car.

money trap
By deryk on 04/19/08 05:21 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year ago it had 120,000 miles on it since I got it I've had to replace all the struts all the brakes, rear main seal, radiator thermostat, water pump, a/c hose assym, power steering pump, and brake pedal switch. And the trans is starting to slip obscenely. I've put more into the car then I paid for it which was 700 dollars. I got it from an old lady who was the original owner and had it maintained by dealership. All in all this car sucks and I wish I had the money to get a truck.

I discovered why it was so cheap
By eandatoo on 04/12/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in 1999 from a Toyota dealer as one of their trade-ins. It was only four years old at the time. Almost immediately, it started having problems. The electric fan for the radiater failed. The power steering leaked. The ignition failed. We had to replace the starter four times! The front struts are failing. That's just a few items among several others.This car has left us stranded several times. It cost us tons in rapairs, not to mention the missed work from the down time. Only later did we learn from different sources that the '95 was the worse year for the Taurus. Steer clear of this one, folks!

Great first car, too many problems
By It could be better on 03/14/08 07:06 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I only had it for 2 months and already I need to replace the struts, starter, and brakes. The previous owner said he had problems from day 1 when he bought it brand new. I only paid $350 for it so I am getting my money's worth but the body does not look bad and the motor is quiet and it's fuel efficient