1995 Ford Taurus SHO - Consumer Reviews

SHO 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual - (14 reviews )
What an amazing car.
By ryan21288 on 07/25/09 20:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

This is my third SHO so I guess you could say im partial to them. My first was a 93 5spd, then i got a 93 Auto, and now i have a 95 Auto with 165k. The SHO is my car to take out on nice summer days. The yamaha motor is amazing and was well ahead of its time. I love the sound it makes too. Mine is fully loaded with Leather, JBL sound, moonroof, key less entry with keypad, etc. I haven't had any major problems with any of my SHO's although i have had to do the normal repairs. What really surprises me is the handling. Once you drive the car it doesn't feel so big. Its very nimble for its size.

Yamaha SHO's review
By Jason on 11/18/05 05:02 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

The SHO comes with a love/hate relationship. My '95 SHO has been a great car until my stupidity spun a rod bearing. The car is capable of beating supercars with a few modifications. The car takes very well to boost. On a stock motor with a Vortech T-trim supercharger, I produced 460hp. This car is not a great car for someone who does not have the knowledge, willingness to learn nor money to maintain it. Many of these cars have been beaten and show problems because of it (as with the case of my '92 SHO). On the flip- side, it has honed my skills quite well. This is definitely an enthusiasts car. Somehow I got hooked many years ago and I still have my SHO's, but have a Civic now too.

Great Value
By 95SHO on 05/07/05 19:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

The car has been very reliable with only minor troubles since I bought it; cam sensor, starter and heater door control. Parts are not hard to find if you use the internet for your searches. Some dealers still have plenty of parts. The Yamaha engine is fantastic, simply the best in any vehicle I've had to date. Keep up with the maintenance and the car will last a long time.

Don's Review
By duffs62 on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

The car is expensive to maintain, but then again, the '95s are now 9 years old. With well over 100,000 miles, the only major problems I've had are the starters going out. I'm on my third one. I'll be looking to replace the show in a year or two, and will be sad to see it go. I'll most likely be moving towards the up and coming imports that are looking good these days. Thank goodness they still put stick shifts in their mid-size cars. I love the styling. It's 9 years old and stands out from the newer cars that have similar performance.

Green Machine
By ME710350 on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

This car should have been more Mech friendly, and maybe my mech. will like to work on it.

Awesome power, sub-par reliability
By antistate7 on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

I agree with all enthusiasm expressed for the SHO's performance. However, watch out. My '95 held up admirably until 2002. Then I got socked with numerous expensive repairs, over $1000 each. The Yamaha engine is bullet- proof, but the Ford parts gave me significant trouble. I broke down twice in two months.

SHOcerely
By Steuart on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

The SHO was an excellent car. It is too bad that newer comparable versions do not exist. My husband and I love our SHO; however, we have had our fair, or more than fair, share of problems. Our SHO has 106,000 miles and has provided us with a few headaches. Ford is not well known for reliability. Unless the SHO is replaced with something comparable we opt not to buy Ford for in the future.

My 95 SHO MTX is great!
By Santafeblue22 on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

I've gotten 120K of trouble free miles so far. I've replaced only the power antenna and a rear brake bracket.

get one now
By mr.t on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

is it a family car or a sport car? well, if it were a normal taurus, the previous would be the awnser, however it is an sho. who doesnt love a v6 with 220 hp in a family sedan? i love getting this beast out and showing up all the kids who have their brand new imports or their daddy's mustang. this car is simply fierce. with a new ram air intake and hi-flow exhaust ive increased my power to 250 for about $500. with the added power mustang gts are in my reach and even the normal camaro is no problem. this things biggest advantage is surprise. no one expects to lose to a taurus, sho or no.

SHO ME
By JimJRJ on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

Just bought my '95 SHO and I love it so far. Leather, JBL audio, cassette/CD, moonroof, auto temp., wonderful car. People are so surprised when they think you have just a regular ole Taurus and you blow them off the line. This is my first American car, always had Nissans and my last car was a '98 Maxima SE and this SHO is quicker. Not as fast as the newer Maximas though, since they have 155HP. I plan on pumping up the horses though.