1995 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Running strong for over 13 years
By gemmerich on 06/12/13 15:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I got my Taurus from my parents back in 2003 when I got my license in high school. Before that, it was my older sister's when she was in high school, and before that it was the eldest's when she was in high school. That's right, by the time I got it, it had been in my family for five years already. I drove her all through college, back and forth from Santa Barbara to Sacramento. This is truly a miracle car, I am now graduated from law school and STILL DRIVING HER! I have abandoned all hope that she will ever die--I wanted her to not pass smog this year so I could turn it in for a program where I would get $1500. Low and behold, SHE PASSED. This is the most amazing car!

Great first car
By swingers171 on 08/19/12 10:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 111k back during my senior year of high school. I was able to drive it through my senior year of college. I hated the car, but I loved it. Common mechanical issues due to being an irresponsible kid. The one negative was on my commute back to school after a weekend home, my serpentine belt and pulleys were shredded in the middle of the trip. Never figured out if a rock got thrown up in there, or something else? Overall, great first car for a high schooler.

The car that will always be my first car
By cj95 on 07/30/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Beautiful! i love my 95 se, it has 366,728 mile andlooks like it just rolled out of the showroom, and it runs great! it never gave me a single problem, never replaced the engine or trans and have owned it since 05

Getting OLD
By Mom0f2Boys on 11/01/09 15:59 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

In the 9 years I have owned this car, I have had not had a lot of problems, thankfully. The M.P.G. was in the mid 30's, and everything worked great. Now, the plastic pieces from the heating vents, seat controls, and power window features are breaking. The M.P.G. is around 20 (if I am driving very carefully). The six cylinders are still peppy if you have to move the beast, but the turning radius is obnoxious. I have had better luck turning a big rig. Also, being that it is front wheel, you have to make sure to keep the tires rotated or you will burn through tires. The cup holder is so small that all it will fit is a child's size cup. No, your super cute Starbucks coffee will not fit.

Great first car, too many problems
By It could be better on 03/14/08 07:06 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I only had it for 2 months and already I need to replace the struts, starter, and brakes. The previous owner said he had problems from day 1 when he bought it brand new. I only paid $350 for it so I am getting my money's worth but the body does not look bad and the motor is quiet and it's fuel efficient

Dependable little first car
By gibsonguitar on 04/20/07 20:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This is my first car, I have ever owned. I bought it all in cash. So far since ownership I have had two major problems. Both problems were, fortunately, easy to fix. Rack and Pinion system was bad, and was replaced. And lastly, while driving, a strut broke on the left front with no prior indication or warning, taking the front left shock with it. The engine could use a little more kick and transmission is a little clunky and noisy. All in all this has been a great car. Durable engine fires every time the key is turned. Heat and AC excellent.

yeehaw
By luvdenise on 01/11/06 21:14 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is super reliable, super-quick, and I feel super-safe. However, it doesn't have the best fuel economy and it's not getting the "Most Beautiful Car Award" But, it's been a trooper and seen 2 children through high school without ever breaking down. That makes this a million dollar car!

Excellent Car
By Hooch on 11/14/05 19:08 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Excellent car with great comfort and stying, although fuel mileage and capacity could be much improved.

not too bad
By sincenew on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

under warranty had transmission leak, heater fan problems..and a speedometer cable problem..after warranty replaced the radiator and cooling fan, has been very dependable for 8 yrs.

Great used car purchase
By Taurus Driver on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for an affordable used car, and I ended up looking at a Silver taurus SE with all the options. The great thing is that Taurus' are so popular that you can find one easily and cheaply. They are dependable. I haven't had any major problems. The AC is awesome and so is the driving stability. Can't say the same about the brakes. Even with all new brakes, this heavy car brakes slowly. Its a great travel car for 4 or even 5 people. Its design is so bland that it still fits in with todays models, so you won't feel like your driving an older car! I love my Taurus. It has over 150K on it and looks like it could go for 200K.