1995 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
This car is a keeper!
By Duane on 11/09/09 13:02 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Taurus in 2003, having been very impressed with the lumbar back support of a rental Taurus. The mileage was 57,500 - very low for an eight year old car. Within the first year, it developed a water leak and some other minor problems. Other than that, the car has performed nearly flawlessly since then with only routine maintenance.

Great Car!
By mch218 on 11/13/08 09:34 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I got this car when I just turned 16. At that time it had never been in the shop. But one month later the transmission went out. Since then, everything has been great. We keep the oil changed every 3000 miles and do regular maintenance. What is so surprising is the gas mileage. Online says I should get 28 MPG new, yet I'm getting 30 MPG and this is 13 years old! I recently drove from New Orleans to Starkville, MS on less than 3/4 of a tank. The car had 156,000 miles in 2006, and I'm nearing 200,000 right now and she still runs like new.

Great Buy
By John G. on 07/16/07 08:38 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1996 from a Ford dealer. It had 21,000 miles and in perfect condition. This has been my family car as well as a business use car. There have been no major problems with the car and it is in great condition. The body is in great shape with one door dimple. There are a couple of dimples on the roof from a hail storm but barely noticible. The interior is in good shape and is clean. The tires are Goodyear tires and are like new. The car has never been in an accident of any kind. The oil was changed at about 4,000 miles. There is a rattle up front that could be associated with the shock absorber. Mechanic could not find it.

Head Gasket Problem
By Head Gaskets! on 12/06/04 16:51 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My very first car. Power everything and I thought it was great. Until I found out I had the 3.8 engine with the head gasket problem! Was a great car until that started acting up. Had to put rear brakes and tires into it and now it looks like it needs shocks or struts because it is terrible going over pot holes and speed bumps. If you buy a Taurus make sure it is not a 3.8 engine between 1994-1999 in Taurus, Windstar, Thunderbird, and some other cars Ford has made.

Nothing but good
By mmccormack on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner of this car and it has been absolutely maintenance free. Still rides and drives great with 113,000 miles. Replaced the headgaskets once (which was a Ford recall). The 3.8 motor has lots of power and everything still works great today. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one at all.

good but bad
By ite on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Power steering keeps on leaking. a $500 to 600 repair every time. All body hardware has a clanky and cheap filling.

i want a new car
By luckymi on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

my taraus has been the most expensive car i have owened. there is a new motor, new head gasket times two, 4 new struts, 4 new coil springs, water pump, and a lot of front suspension work. now i am faced with needing a new trannie. im not happy

Take this car off the market
By emmy on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I searched for months for my first car, and when I was shown the Ford Taurus LX I thought it was perfect. Was I ever wrong, my car is in the shop atleast twice a month, each time costing me hundreds of dollars in repairs. I have had to replace almost everything in it, and it is completely unreliable. Do not buy this car!

The worst car I've ever had
By pikepaul22 on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used and had nothing but issues. Issues like 3 transmissions in three months. This car was absolutely pathetic, and I will never buy another Ford after this horrible experience.