1995 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great Car
By jmjrpid7581 on 04/14/14 12:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car bank in 1997 had about 30,000 miles on it. Done the regular maintenance on the car even transmission oil change. The car still runs to this day. The car has 184,560 miles on it. Still the same transmission and engine never had trouble with any. The alternator got it tested it was ok but I still replaced it. also replaced the ac compressor and power steering pump due to the car getting high mileage and wear. Also have changed the front suspension and rear suspension . To me this is regular maintenance.

Ford TaurusGL 1995
By Calvin P Bear on 08/23/10 16:11 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I've got 225,000 miles, and the car still runs smoothly, getting 27 mpg highway, which is mostly what I do. Over the years I've replaced most of what was attached to the engine: radiator, alternator, power steering pump, recharged AC. The worst was the paint job which flaked off in several places 5 years ago. Fortunately I can paint cars, and it's as shiny as a new car now. It's paid for, looks good, runs quietly and economically. I'm going to drive it until it falls apart.

Poor Transmission Life Expectancy
By Pete on 07/02/10 15:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 44,600 mi on it. At 77,000 MI The transmission failed completely (Trans fluid not burned or discolored) and without any warning. I was driving at a steady 45 MPH and when I stepped on the gas the engine rpm increased, but the car didn't accelerate. After coasting to the side of the road, I found that the car wouldn't move in any gear. I spent $2400.00 on towing, and a trans rebuild. I am not impressed with this car. It reminds me of the junk GM built in the 70's. The trans shop reported that the splines were stripped from the main shaft. Also, the gas gauge only works sometimes. My 93 Pontiac Transport has 294,100 MI and no major repairs ever needed. (still runs well).

Got lucky
By Pleased on 05/27/10 21:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

It seems my Taurus will never die. 265,000 miles and going strong. Not a drop of oil burned or leaked. Have replaced some of the expected wear parts -usually before they broke down. always change oil at 3000 miles. replaced transmission at 230,000. some of the paint is beginning to fail and the interior plastic is becoming brittle and breaking.

Good car for a Ford
By Jimbo on 05/05/10 14:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Got it back in 2006, great car! Been in two accidents with it and worst i had was replacing a bumper and all the plastic stuff on the front end. Its a pretty tough car. I'm thinking of finding a sho version of the 3.0 L though and transmission could use some improvement. the interior is cheap, door panels falling off so they are screwed to door frame with sheet metal screws.

Fantastic Car
By BrooklynOH on 04/10/09 16:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Got it about a week ago as my first car. I love it, it is roomy and it runs very well for being 14 years old. Also I have not rust or any body problems. In my eyes it is a perfect first car. ONLY 37000 MILES!!!!

Best Ford
By iguanaman00 on 03/21/09 00:07 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This is my first car i have owned and i dont wanna ever let it go. the first thing bad that happend was the starter went out and then park.The heater core was out when i got it..and just recently my water pump went out but it is still running great today. when u get in the back of the car it sound like a Boat engine.lol. I love it and it is my baby.not really a ford man but i highly recomend this car.It also matters who was the first owner and how much maintence was kept up. Passes smog with flying colors. only one thing i dont like it the cassete player and the speakers dont bump like the new cars do. But when u are on the side of the rode listening to your 3000 pound raio.I will be cruzin

Never wish this on nobody!
By daddy-danny on 10/10/08 09:20 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Worst car Iíve ever owned. It was my second car when I was 18 years old, and I only bought it because I wrecked my long lasting 96 Sentra. Cost were too much. I'm telling you, it doesnít get more like a bucket than this. I bought it with 150 thousand miles on It driving fine for $1300. 2nd day of ownership, it overheated, and 1st week of ownership the alternator went out. 100 bucks. 1st 2 weeks of ownership the transmission went to crap. 500 bucks in fixations. I'm telling you, this car was a problem. I bought it in September of 2005, and by November the transmission messed up again, not allowing it to drive more than 60 mph. By may of 2006, it wasnít driving faster than 25 mph.

Great First Car
By JonFromSiouxCity on 10/06/08 06:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my '95 Taurus GL in the summer of 2005 since the '93 Aerostar I had caught fire. The price was right but I wasn't sure about it at first. It seemed like a big car and wasn't the "cool" thing to drive. But it grew on my pretty quick. I've been in several accidents in the time I've had it (nicknamed her Doris) and I've walked away from every one. It's big enough to comfortably carry 6 people at a time, which I love. The ride and handling are incredible for a car of it's age. The tranny doesn't shift real smooth, however. One problem has also been some of the interior amenities, like the trunk and gas release mechanisms don't work and the power seat gives me trouble once in a while.

1995 Ford Taurus GL 6 cy 3.8 ltr engine
By Donna Richmond on 09/05/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This car is the best car we have ever had! The transmission just recently won't shift out of gear and will only go 25 miles per hour, with over 480,000 miles on it! We had the first transmission replaced at 40,000 miles under warranty and has rode fine ever since. It has had regular maintenence plus, a radiator, water and fuel pump, along with a couple of electric starters since we first got it as a program car with 8,000 miles on it. It is great driving across the country as well as around town. It hugs the curves of a windy road wonderfully, is smooth on a gravel road, and great in rain or snow. It is an extremely reliable car.

1 2 3 4 5 next »