1995 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great Car
By jmjrpid7581 on 04/14/14 12:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car bank in 1997 had about 30,000 miles on it. Done the regular maintenance on the car even transmission oil change. The car still runs to this day. The car has 184,560 miles on it. Still the same transmission and engine never had trouble with any. The alternator got it tested it was ok but I still replaced it. also replaced the ac compressor and power steering pump due to the car getting high mileage and wear. Also have changed the front suspension and rear suspension . To me this is regular maintenance.

Running strong for over 13 years
By gemmerich on 06/12/13 15:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I got my Taurus from my parents back in 2003 when I got my license in high school. Before that, it was my older sister's when she was in high school, and before that it was the eldest's when she was in high school. That's right, by the time I got it, it had been in my family for five years already. I drove her all through college, back and forth from Santa Barbara to Sacramento. This is truly a miracle car, I am now graduated from law school and STILL DRIVING HER! I have abandoned all hope that she will ever die--I wanted her to not pass smog this year so I could turn it in for a program where I would get $1500. Low and behold, SHE PASSED. This is the most amazing car!

Great first car
By swingers171 on 08/19/12 10:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 111k back during my senior year of high school. I was able to drive it through my senior year of college. I hated the car, but I loved it. Common mechanical issues due to being an irresponsible kid. The one negative was on my commute back to school after a weekend home, my serpentine belt and pulleys were shredded in the middle of the trip. Never figured out if a rock got thrown up in there, or something else? Overall, great first car for a high schooler.

The car that will always be my first car
By cj95 on 07/30/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Beautiful! i love my 95 se, it has 366,728 mile andlooks like it just rolled out of the showroom, and it runs great! it never gave me a single problem, never replaced the engine or trans and have owned it since 05

Ford TaurusGL 1995
By Calvin P Bear on 08/23/10 16:11 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I've got 225,000 miles, and the car still runs smoothly, getting 27 mpg highway, which is mostly what I do. Over the years I've replaced most of what was attached to the engine: radiator, alternator, power steering pump, recharged AC. The worst was the paint job which flaked off in several places 5 years ago. Fortunately I can paint cars, and it's as shiny as a new car now. It's paid for, looks good, runs quietly and economically. I'm going to drive it until it falls apart.

Poor Transmission Life Expectancy
By Pete on 07/02/10 15:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 44,600 mi on it. At 77,000 MI The transmission failed completely (Trans fluid not burned or discolored) and without any warning. I was driving at a steady 45 MPH and when I stepped on the gas the engine rpm increased, but the car didn't accelerate. After coasting to the side of the road, I found that the car wouldn't move in any gear. I spent $2400.00 on towing, and a trans rebuild. I am not impressed with this car. It reminds me of the junk GM built in the 70's. The trans shop reported that the splines were stripped from the main shaft. Also, the gas gauge only works sometimes. My 93 Pontiac Transport has 294,100 MI and no major repairs ever needed. (still runs well).

Got lucky
By Pleased on 05/27/10 21:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

It seems my Taurus will never die. 265,000 miles and going strong. Not a drop of oil burned or leaked. Have replaced some of the expected wear parts -usually before they broke down. always change oil at 3000 miles. replaced transmission at 230,000. some of the paint is beginning to fail and the interior plastic is becoming brittle and breaking.

Good car for a Ford
By Jimbo on 05/05/10 14:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Got it back in 2006, great car! Been in two accidents with it and worst i had was replacing a bumper and all the plastic stuff on the front end. Its a pretty tough car. I'm thinking of finding a sho version of the 3.0 L though and transmission could use some improvement. the interior is cheap, door panels falling off so they are screwed to door frame with sheet metal screws.

This car is a keeper!
By Duane on 11/09/09 13:02 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Taurus in 2003, having been very impressed with the lumbar back support of a rental Taurus. The mileage was 57,500 - very low for an eight year old car. Within the first year, it developed a water leak and some other minor problems. Other than that, the car has performed nearly flawlessly since then with only routine maintenance.

Getting OLD
By Mom0f2Boys on 11/01/09 15:59 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

In the 9 years I have owned this car, I have had not had a lot of problems, thankfully. The M.P.G. was in the mid 30's, and everything worked great. Now, the plastic pieces from the heating vents, seat controls, and power window features are breaking. The M.P.G. is around 20 (if I am driving very carefully). The six cylinders are still peppy if you have to move the beast, but the turning radius is obnoxious. I have had better luck turning a big rig. Also, being that it is front wheel, you have to make sure to keep the tires rotated or you will burn through tires. The cup holder is so small that all it will fit is a child's size cup. No, your super cute Starbucks coffee will not fit.