1995 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

1995 Taurus Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
What an amazing car.
By ryan21288

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

This is my third SHO so I guess you could say im partial to them. My first was a 93 5spd, then i got a 93 Auto, and now i have a 95 Auto with 165k. The SHO is my car to take out on nice summer days. The yamaha motor is amazing and was well ahead of its time. I love the sound it makes too. Mine is fully loaded with Leather, JBL sound, moonroof, key less entry with keypad, etc. I haven't had any major problems with any of my SHO's although i have had to do the normal repairs. What really surprises me is the handling. Once you drive the car it doesn't feel so big. Its very nimble for its size.

Favorite Features

Yamaha Motor, Comfy seats, Sleeper styling, Beautiful noise from the motor, The great looking intake manifold, Handling, Ride Quality, Keypad on the door.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger Trans(mine still shifts fine at 165k but others have problems), Bigger brakes(easily fixed with the 96 upgrade), Heated seats would be nice.

Yamaha SHO's review
By Jason

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

The SHO comes with a love/hate relationship. My '95 SHO has been a great car until my stupidity spun a rod bearing. The car is capable of beating supercars with a few modifications. The car takes very well to boost. On a stock motor with a Vortech T-trim supercharger, I produced 460hp. This car is not a great car for someone who does not have the knowledge, willingness to learn nor money to maintain it. Many of these cars have been beaten and show problems because of it (as with the case of my '92 SHO). On the flip- side, it has honed my skills quite well. This is definitely an enthusiasts car. Somehow I got hooked many years ago and I still have my SHO's, but have a Civic now too.

Favorite Features

The Yamaha motor is a very well built motor than can handle some serious power when done right. I like the 'sleeper' effect as I can drive around virtually without being noticed (aside from the now ever-prevalent whistle from the Vortech T-trim and 3" exhaust).

Suggested Improvements

Let Yamaha build the complete car, not just the engine. Stock brakes are not enough for a 3,300+ lbs car. Stock suspension provides dangerous under- steer. Wider stock rims. Smoother shifting manual transmission. Locate the oil filter somewhere away from where it can drip on the starter.

Great Value
By 95SHO

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

The car has been very reliable with only minor troubles since I bought it; cam sensor, starter and heater door control. Parts are not hard to find if you use the internet for your searches. Some dealers still have plenty of parts. The Yamaha engine is fantastic, simply the best in any vehicle I've had to date. Keep up with the maintenance and the car will last a long time.

Favorite Features

Yamaha engine.

Suggested Improvements

Brake upgrades; the rotors tend to warp. Get a good cross-drilled rotor and that problem will go away.

Don's Review
By duffs62

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

The car is expensive to maintain, but then again, the '95s are now 9 years old. With well over 100,000 miles, the only major problems I've had are the starters going out. I'm on my third one. I'll be looking to replace the show in a year or two, and will be sad to see it go. I'll most likely be moving towards the up and coming imports that are looking good these days. Thank goodness they still put stick shifts in their mid-size cars. I love the styling. It's 9 years old and stands out from the newer cars that have similar performance.

Favorite Features

The SHO is great with Eibach springs and Tokico struts. They make the car handle like it's on rails. And the SHO Shop Y-pipe and Dynomax cat-back exhaust is the best investment as it gives a nice sound to the SHO.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to get some guts back and put something out there to compete with Acura and Infinity. The Lincoln LS is just to expensive, even compared with the new Acura TL. Use that platform, and build something that offers the imports some real competition.

Green Machine
By ME710350

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

This car should have been more Mech friendly, and maybe my mech. will like to work on it.

Favorite Features

P O W E R

Suggested Improvements

Better Treans

Awesome power, sub-par reliability
By antistate7

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I agree with all enthusiasm expressed for the SHO's performance. However, watch out. My '95 held up admirably until 2002. Then I got socked with numerous expensive repairs, over $1000 each. The Yamaha engine is bullet- proof, but the Ford parts gave me significant trouble. I broke down twice in two months.

Favorite Features

Power, power, power. I was still sad to see it go, even after all the trouble it gave me.

Suggested Improvements

Exhaust system, antenna, sunroof motor, air conditioner components, many parts that are hard to find. I had to wait 3 months for a part. Ford said they do not make this part any more (!).

SHOcerely
By Steuart

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

The SHO was an excellent car. It is too bad that newer comparable versions do not exist. My husband and I love our SHO; however, we have had our fair, or more than fair, share of problems. Our SHO has 106,000 miles and has provided us with a few headaches. Ford is not well known for reliability. Unless the SHO is replaced with something comparable we opt not to buy Ford for in the future.

Favorite Features

I love the sound our SHO makes. The modified exhaust purrs like a cat.

Suggested Improvements

Make a vehicle that will last for well over 100,000 miles.

My 95 SHO MTX is great!
By Santafeblue22

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I've gotten 120K of trouble free miles so far. I've replaced only the power antenna and a rear brake bracket.

Favorite Features

220HP, keypad entry

Suggested Improvements

350HP!

get one now
By mr.t

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

is it a family car or a sport car? well, if it were a normal taurus, the previous would be the awnser, however it is an sho. who doesnt love a v6 with 220 hp in a family sedan? i love getting this beast out and showing up all the kids who have their brand new imports or their daddy's mustang. this car is simply fierce. with a new ram air intake and hi-flow exhaust ive increased my power to 250 for about $500. with the added power mustang gts are in my reach and even the normal camaro is no problem. this things biggest advantage is surprise. no one expects to lose to a taurus, sho or no.

Favorite Features

220hp standard in family sedan, leather, power everything, surprise

Suggested Improvements

please, if you gonna race it get the intake and exhaust, youll love yourself for it

SHO ME
By JimJRJ

1995 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

Just bought my '95 SHO and I love it so far. Leather, JBL audio, cassette/CD, moonroof, auto temp., wonderful car. People are so surprised when they think you have just a regular ole Taurus and you blow them off the line. This is my first American car, always had Nissans and my last car was a '98 Maxima SE and this SHO is quicker. Not as fast as the newer Maximas though, since they have 155HP. I plan on pumping up the horses though.

Favorite Features

The car is very comfortable and the Yamaha engine is great. The seats are very comfortable and you fit nice and snug in them. When cornering the seats keep you in place.

Suggested Improvements

There are some squeeks and rattles in the interior but its not bad and to be expected somewhat from an older vehicle. Ford needs to bring back the SHO though!