Used 1995 Ford Taurus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Running strong for over 13 years
By gemmerich

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I got my Taurus from my parents back in 2003 when I got my license in high school. Before that, it was my older sister's when she was in high school, and before that it was the eldest's when she was in high school. That's right, by the time I got it, it had been in my family for five years already. I drove her all through college, back and forth from Santa Barbara to Sacramento. This is truly a miracle car, I am now graduated from law school and STILL DRIVING HER! I have abandoned all hope that she will ever die--I wanted her to not pass smog this year so I could turn it in for a program where I would get $1500. Low and behold, SHE PASSED. This is the most amazing car!

The six person capacity :) Great first car!

The doors could be screwed in better on the inside.

Great first car
By swingers171

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 111k back during my senior year of high school. I was able to drive it through my senior year of college. I hated the car, but I loved it. Common mechanical issues due to being an irresponsible kid. The one negative was on my commute back to school after a weekend home, my serpentine belt and pulleys were shredded in the middle of the trip. Never figured out if a rock got thrown up in there, or something else? Overall, great first car for a high schooler.

The car that will always be my first car
By cj95

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Beautiful! i love my 95 se, it has 366,728 mile andlooks like it just rolled out of the showroom, and it runs great! it never gave me a single problem, never replaced the engine or trans and have owned it since 05

i love the color, after my first accident the paint guy added a little more purple then he should have, when u look at it it looks like the factory color, until u pull up next to one with the stock color and your amazed by the difference, i love everything about it!

nothing! its my first car and it probably always will be!

Getting OLD
By Mom0f2Boys

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

In the 9 years I have owned this car, I have had not had a lot of problems, thankfully. The M.P.G. was in the mid 30's, and everything worked great. Now, the plastic pieces from the heating vents, seat controls, and power window features are breaking. The M.P.G. is around 20 (if I am driving very carefully). The six cylinders are still peppy if you have to move the beast, but the turning radius is obnoxious. I have had better luck turning a big rig. Also, being that it is front wheel, you have to make sure to keep the tires rotated or you will burn through tires. The cup holder is so small that all it will fit is a child's size cup. No, your super cute Starbucks coffee will not fit.

I would have to say the layout is great. I love that everything stays in sight and visible. You don't have to bend down to adjust anything.

Where to start... 1. Tighten the turning radius. 2. Move the wiper blades a quarter inch to the right so the left side doesn't hit in a downpour. 3. Put a little better foam padding in the seats, it has no support whatsoever. 4. Distribute the weight in the motor a little better.

Great first car, too many problems
By It could be better

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I only had it for 2 months and already I need to replace the struts, starter, and brakes. The previous owner said he had problems from day 1 when he bought it brand new. I only paid $350 for it so I am getting my money's worth but the body does not look bad and the motor is quiet and it's fuel efficient

Roomy interior, comfortable bucket seats

The styling is quite bland compared to other cars of that year, but Ford has always been bland