Used 1995 Ford Taurus LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Taurus
By Justin_TX

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Wagon

Car belonged to my grandmother until the headgasket failed (as many Ford 3.8Ls do) at ~68000 miles. Coolant leaked into the crankcase... spun a bearing and threw a rod. I got the opportunity to replace the engine... Its a nice car when it is running. Seafoam Green is probably the ugliest color in the world though.

Favorite Features

Poorly Designed headgaskets that fail to account for the different expansion rates of cast iron and aluminum.

Suggested Improvements

Buy the 3.8L from GM. The Buick designed 90 degree 3.8L V6 is infinitely better than the Ford...

Never again!
By mikkehla

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Wagon

I had problems from the very beginning! I purchased this thing used and was only the second owner. The car had about 75k miles, but ran and looked great from the beginning. Within 6 months, 2 fuel injectors were replaced which cost me big bucks, the waterpump was eventually replaced, the air conditioning stopped working and the list of repairs could go on and on. The cupholder is in a rediculous location...right in front of the radio so forget about having a drink in the holder and changing a station at the same time. This car has been towed more times than all my previous cars put together and I will never own a Ford again!

Favorite Features

It is relatively comfortable to ride in for long periods of time and I really would like the car if it was more reliable.

1995 Ford Taurus
By car-reviewer

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Wagon

I bought a '95 Ford Taurus LX Wagon with leather seats, sunroof, climate control, cruise control,keyless entry system, ABS, and opted for the 3.5 liter V6. After I put on 20,000 miles on this car, it had to be repaired at least 15 times. On numerous occasions I could not even start the car. The engine overheated twice. I held on to it until it had 85,000 miles on it and was about ready to die.

Suggested Improvements

Better reliability.