Used 1995 Ford Taurus LX Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

This car is a keeper!
By Duane

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Taurus in 2003, having been very impressed with the lumbar back support of a rental Taurus. The mileage was 57,500 - very low for an eight year old car. Within the first year, it developed a water leak and some other minor problems. Other than that, the car has performed nearly flawlessly since then with only routine maintenance.

Very comfortable for driving hours at a time without stopping. Good acceleration for passing on a two-lane highway. This car is a keeper! 29+ mpg at 60mph and burns as clean as a new car with 131k on the odometer.

Great Car!
By mch218

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I got this car when I just turned 16. At that time it had never been in the shop. But one month later the transmission went out. Since then, everything has been great. We keep the oil changed every 3000 miles and do regular maintenance. What is so surprising is the gas mileage. Online says I should get 28 MPG new, yet I'm getting 30 MPG and this is 13 years old! I recently drove from New Orleans to Starkville, MS on less than 3/4 of a tank. The car had 156,000 miles in 2006, and I'm nearing 200,000 right now and she still runs like new.

Gas mileage, reliability, interior arrangement.

More cupholders, better sound system.

Great Buy
By John G.

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1996 from a Ford dealer. It had 21,000 miles and in perfect condition. This has been my family car as well as a business use car. There have been no major problems with the car and it is in great condition. The body is in great shape with one door dimple. There are a couple of dimples on the roof from a hail storm but barely noticible. The interior is in good shape and is clean. The tires are Goodyear tires and are like new. The car has never been in an accident of any kind. The oil was changed at about 4,000 miles. There is a rattle up front that could be associated with the shock absorber. Mechanic could not find it.

The car gets great mileage and it still looks good. This could be a great car for a student or someone who is operating on a low budget. Mechanically the car is in good shape..

There is a rattle up front that I do not know what is causing it. A mechanic has looked for it and cannot find the reason. There is a "light out" indicater but for the last 11 years I have not been able to find any lights out. I think it is a faulty indicater.

Head Gasket Problem
By Head Gaskets!

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

My very first car. Power everything and I thought it was great. Until I found out I had the 3.8 engine with the head gasket problem! Was a great car until that started acting up. Had to put rear brakes and tires into it and now it looks like it needs shocks or struts because it is terrible going over pot holes and speed bumps. If you buy a Taurus make sure it is not a 3.8 engine between 1994-1999 in Taurus, Windstar, Thunderbird, and some other cars Ford has made.

Buttons on dash, looks, power, alloys, power everything.

Engine is a poor design and is dangerous, seats should be built to take wear.

Nothing but good
By mmccormack

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner of this car and
it has been absolutely maintenance
free. Still rides and drives great
with 113,000 miles. Replaced the
headgaskets once (which was a Ford
recall). The 3.8 motor has lots of
power and everything still works great
today. I wouldn't hesitate to buy
another one at all.

3.8 motor is loaded with power. Radio controls at your fingertips.