Used 1995 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great Car
By jmjrpid7581

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car bank in 1997 had about 30,000 miles on it. Done the regular maintenance on the car even transmission oil change. The car still runs to this day. The car has 184,560 miles on it. Still the same transmission and engine never had trouble with any. The alternator got it tested it was ok but I still replaced it. also replaced the ac compressor and power steering pump due to the car getting high mileage and wear. Also have changed the front suspension and rear suspension . To me this is regular maintenance.

The car is a great car. To me never had trouble with it. I just regular maintained the car.

Well after 17 years some of the paint is coming off and a few rust spots are forming will get these rust spots maintained soon.

Running strong for over 13 years
By gemmerich

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I got my Taurus from my parents back in 2003 when I got my license in high school. Before that, it was my older sister's when she was in high school, and before that it was the eldest's when she was in high school. That's right, by the time I got it, it had been in my family for five years already. I drove her all through college, back and forth from Santa Barbara to Sacramento. This is truly a miracle car, I am now graduated from law school and STILL DRIVING HER! I have abandoned all hope that she will ever die--I wanted her to not pass smog this year so I could turn it in for a program where I would get $1500. Low and behold, SHE PASSED. This is the most amazing car!

The six person capacity :) Great first car!

The doors could be screwed in better on the inside.

Great first car
By swingers171

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 111k back during my senior year of high school. I was able to drive it through my senior year of college. I hated the car, but I loved it. Common mechanical issues due to being an irresponsible kid. The one negative was on my commute back to school after a weekend home, my serpentine belt and pulleys were shredded in the middle of the trip. Never figured out if a rock got thrown up in there, or something else? Overall, great first car for a high schooler.

The car that will always be my first car
By cj95

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Beautiful! i love my 95 se, it has 366,728 mile andlooks like it just rolled out of the showroom, and it runs great! it never gave me a single problem, never replaced the engine or trans and have owned it since 05

i love the color, after my first accident the paint guy added a little more purple then he should have, when u look at it it looks like the factory color, until u pull up next to one with the stock color and your amazed by the difference, i love everything about it!

nothing! its my first car and it probably always will be!

Ford TaurusGL 1995
By Calvin P Bear

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I've got 225,000 miles, and the car still runs smoothly, getting 27 mpg highway, which is mostly what I do. Over the years I've replaced most of what was attached to the engine: radiator, alternator, power steering pump, recharged AC. The worst was the paint job which flaked off in several places 5 years ago. Fortunately I can paint cars, and it's as shiny as a new car now. It's paid for, looks good, runs quietly and economically. I'm going to drive it until it falls apart.

I bought it for the styling: When it first came out it was very refreshing and I still like it