1994 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Running it until it dies

1994 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

1994 Ford Taurus

Running it until it dies
By demonspeed on

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I was doing some reminiscing about my parents car - their Taurus. They bought this car when I was still in HS, and I learned to drive on the thing. It's been over a decade since, and they still have the car. Approaching 200k miles, they've rebuilt the transmission twice, replaced the alternator once and replaced the rear springs twice. Other than that, it's needed nothing. I blame the second transmission rebuild on a bad rebuild in the first place. Nonetheless, this car has seen it all and it still keeps going. My parents, as frugal as they are, will not ever get rid of it until it's absolutely dead. Oddly enough, I don't see it happening any time soon.

I remember how neat it was having the cruise on the steering wheel. Also, the radio controls near the steering wheel on the dash - or on the stereo itself - a convenience safety feature - just seemed new and interesting back in the mid 90's. Theirs was that ugly light green color, though, bleh.

They're still building them, and the 2010 model looks great. The only thing my parents GL was missing was the package labeled SHO...

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review