1994 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: 1994 SHO Good-Bad-Ugly

1994 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

SHO Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

1994 SHO Good-Bad-Ugly
By Czar on

1994 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

Overall, the best, most fun car I've ever had to drive. I have no complaints about the Yamaha engine. The combination of the exhaust and engine sound is a thing of beauty. Maintenance is/was expensive. I got 190,000+ miles on the original engine and tranny. I had a fair amount of problems with the electrical system, and thus the starter. I easily put at least 5 starters in this car within 12 years. I could never prove it, but I suspect a lot of the problems were related to a dealer installed Chapman alarm system. Worst things were, despite quarterly professional detailing, the paint started to flake and rust in 7 years. And interior (headliner and climate control buttons) rip/broke.

Engine, Transmission, Exhaust (sound), Extremely comfortable seats.

There is absolutely no excuse for a paint job not to hold up for 10 years, especially when the car was professionally detailed 4 times per year for the first 4 years of ownership, and at least once per year thereafter. Higher quality interior parts (climate control buttons, headliner, etc).