1994 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Extremely Reliable if you know

1994 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

GL Wagon (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Extremely Reliable if you know what to look for
By papasmith on

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I had three 94 taurus wagons altogether. Everyone of them were comfortable and reliable. They do have some consistent weaknesses. The first seems to be the ignition module. I had to replace everyone on each car at least once. The second is the body control computer. When this goes, you will think that the fuel pump has gone bad. Find out where it is and tap it for a temporary fix. The ignition module problem will manefest as unsteady speeds. Other than that, nothing but expected maintenance. I or my wife drove these cars well over 150k each. A couple of these cars now have over 250k. I wasn't that big on maintenance. I wish I could find another with low mileage.

Fairly decent gas mileage. Comfortable and rock solid reliability with the 3.0 engine. The 3.8 had head gasket issues. I had the wagons and I hauled things you shouldn't haul in a car. Some of the best cars I have ever owned.

Make the newer Taurus as reliable as this generation.