Blown head gasket, etc.
By Trading it in on
1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon
1st year: Dealership ripped me off: water pump, fuel pump, 2 starters (defective parts), keyless entry DOA, various hoses and the coin holder is holding the previous owners pennies hostage. Dealership had it longer than I did the first month. 2nd year: Since then: replaced radiator, 1 starter, replaced 1 brake light, a/c died, radio is losing it too, blown head gasket and 2 other leaks, at least one of us has carbon monoxide poisening, tranny is leaking, 6 mn. old radiator leaking. Dealership has it now and for me to repair it will turn it upside down! Consumer reports did not say anything about a defective head gasket!
Favorite Features
Good stuff: I love my big green machine! It's an easy ride, scares the hell out of people when I drive up behind them or pass them, great for camping and long haul trips and is great for hauling anything. I hate that I have to give it up to trade in for a car with less defects.
Suggested Improvements
For whatever reason this 94 model has several EXPENSIVE and repetitive defects in parts: fuel pump and water pump, starters, head gasket and radiator. Even the replacements parts are defective! I bought at 53,000 and am ending it at 86,000 as a trade in.