1994 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
94 Taurus GL Sedan
By Philip on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a while back because we needed a cheap second car for the daily commute. While it is cheaper than similar vehicles of other brands that are about this old, it is definitely not cheap to maintain. Repair bills in 6 months have been about equal to the purchase price, although I fear this may in part have to do with the previous owner not maintaining the car as he should have (still had original heater hoses on it - at 140,000 miles). Nevertheless, I think the car is still good value for the money, and gets me from A to B in a fairly comfortable manner.

ROCKING CAR
By DAFFY06 on 03/15/02 10:51 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A DREAM. LOTS OF POWER, WITH LEATHER, JBL, MOON, YOU NAME IT. OVER 90K NOW AND NO PROBLEMS, ONLY MAJOR PROBLEM IS THE TRANS, WEAK AND EASILY DAMAGED. OTHERWISE SIMPLY THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK. OVER ALL GREAT GRADED CAR 9 OUT OF 10

A pig's breakfast of a car
By Clive T. on 02/26/02 22:41 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

My car's transmission croaked at 68k, A/C gave up the ghost at 70K, and the engine was scrap at 105k due to the chronic head gasket failure problem on Ford's 3.8 engines of this era. Along the way, numerous other problems-a bad motor mount,power window failures, & fragile plastic interior bits added richness to my Ford ownership experience. Only good thing I can say is that the heap was so bland & inconspicuous that I never got a speeding ticket. It ws like being invisible out there.