1994 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews 7

1994 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Itme to put down Ol' betsy
By Mpdsville1 on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I picked this one up with 50k on it in '96. My taurus now has 235,000 miles one it, which may be a record. The AXOD tranny in this vehicle dropped dead at 190k, due to a design issue. The issue is plastic parts in it. Clearly a stupid move on fords part. The tranny is now ready for another rebuild, and i'll not spring for another one, so ol' betsy's off to the glue factory. That being said, this car has served me so well its suprising. at 230k miles on the engine, it doesnt burn oil and runs great winter and summer. If it weren't for the tranny experience, I'd buy another one..

Fun car, but you pay for it
By jmichalicek on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

Overall I really enjoy this car. It is a low 15 second/high 14 second 1/4 mile 4 door sedan, not the fastest out there, but quick enough to surprise most people. It handles well in the corners, too. Unfortunately, it is very high maintenance, things break often, they are hard to find, and expensive when you do find them. There are also very few mechanics who can work on this car properly, so you'd better learn to do it yourself.

Love my Taurus
By Love my Taurus on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

We bought ours at 66,000 miles in 97, and it is now at 102K. Couldn't be any happier. Aside from regular maintenance and wear and tear, this car has been great and reliable. Absolutely no compaints.

Better buy a new car
By deejay on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 76K miles. I had to replace AC Pump, AC Hose, Water pump, Starter (three times), suspension etc. Power windows do not work. Have spent more money on repairs than the cars worth. It is not worth buying this car after 75K miles.

Why did they ever build this car?
By Ihatethiscar on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

This is quite possibly the worst car on the road ever. I would rather risk a Pinto of the 70's than spend one more minute in this pile of junk. Let me sum it up; 3 transmissions, 2 head gaskets, new steering knuckle on driver side, numerous brake problems, plastic buttons on climate control are gone, suspension problems, and tie-rods. All before 100,000 miles. POS.

first SHO
By Adrien on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

nice car but costly,sensors,tires.exhaust

Solid vehicle
By RDR on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I got this car with 92,000 miles already on it and didn't really expect to drive it too much as a second car. However, with it's great mpg and roomy interior (as opposed to a truck) I drive it all the time know. I know have 130,000 on it and have had to replace the normal: tires, battery, and fulids. I plan on taking it on a 5,000 mile trip this fall.

the money pit
By jwbean1 on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

spend 850 to get the trans fixed, still doesn't work right. water pump started leaking at 98000, cost was 1150 when all was said and done. ate tyres like candy. driver seat though power was not conforable. will not bye one again. oh yes; hope you make sure you got lots of money for the engine repairs.

Trusty Taurus
By Bob Mc on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this '94 GL when a job change required an 80 mile-a-day commute. I was sceptical about buying a car with 74K on it, but am happy to report that I've added 28K (now 102K) in just over a year and, besides tires & brakes, have spent a total of $150 bucks on repairs for a new tention pully and serpentine belt. The car gives a nice comfortable ride and I get 25MPG back and forth to work, and 30MPG on the highway! Everything on the car still works too.

1994 Ford Taurus
By Ripped Off in 2001 on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Horrible dealership. The car was beat up and no maintenance actually done to the car. A REAL LEMON. We were ripped off.