Used 1994 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

A car that lasts?
By Frannie

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

At first it was a nice roomy safe car, then the transmission started going anf all the radiator hoses got holes in them. If I were you and wanted to keep think car longer than a few years, I wouldn't buy it!

Favorite Features

It's a comfy and roomy car.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about that transmission!

Best selling model, but poor vehicle
By Kentucky

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This was a best selling model, and the sleak look and line of the 1994 Ford Taurus still looks good. But my vehicle simply did not stand the test of time for reliability. 3 transmissions and steering column issues later, I would not purchase another Ford Taurus.

Good car, but needs refined.
By bagel

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My Taurus has 145000 miles (50000 of them my own in the last 2 years) on it and I have not experienced tranny failure (although it does shift rather eratically) or the head gasket problems associated with the 3.8 V6. All of the features still work except the fuel door release. My car is reliable but overall quality and design are poor compared to the competition. The cupholders in front of the stereo are useless and the interior is flimsy. But the seats are comfortable and I get 30 MPG on my frequent highway trips. Plus the 3.8 V6 gives me plenty of passing power!

Favorite Features

Lots of power. Good gas mileage. Fairly comfortable power seats. I am 6'3" and this is one car that I can be comfortable in! Looks boring but performs very well.

Suggested Improvements

The tranny is weak even though it has never failed. The interior is poorly laid out. Brakes are mushy no matter what you do to fix them.

ford can not fix their own cars
By bluebird

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love this car,but it developed a problem with starting. Took to a mechanic or that iis what he called himself. $618.00 later and it still will not start. Took to Ford-$90.00 and they do not know what is wrong with the car.Maybe I can trade it in and let it be someone elses headache. I am tired of paying mechanics and tow trucks. It is sad Ford will not stand by it's product. Anyone else with this problem.

Suggested Improvements

Ford stand behind their cars and hire mechanics that can fix their cars.

ford can not fix their own cars
By Bluebird

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Suggested Improvements

Ford stand behind their cars and hire mechanics that can fix their cars.