1994 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
EXCELLENT CAR!!!
By FordFan84 on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car is excellent and fun to drive! It has 120,000 miles on it and still runs like a BRAND NEW car! I have had no problems whatsoever with this car. I would not hesitate to drive this car across country and back right now. It has plenty of power to pass anyone since it is very fast, and the styling is very good looking! I will ALWAYS drive a Ford and believe they will last and are the best cars on the market. All you people who complain about your cars must not take care of them because if you take car of your car, it WILL last you forever!

Good car!
By BobbinLane on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

With 130000 miles on it, it is still solid. It has been reliable. And it's peppy!

Boring but Very Reliable!
By tccoach on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have owned this 1994 Taurus for 3 1/2 years and it has been the most reliable and useful family car that we have ever owned. We bought the car with 54000 miles and it now has 119000 miles. We have had to do very little to this car just the usual, brakes, tires... I am 6'3'' and this car has plenty of room over many other midsize cars in it's class. Nothing fancy in the Taurus but very good reliable transportation with a huge trunk for hauling all of our 'Stuff'.

Toyota here I come.
By S.O'Day on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

AT 5'6" the ergonomics fit me which is somehting I have found of all Fords I have driven. Other than that not much else has been good about this car. The power antenna, the windshield wipers and the transmission all went out at the 50-55k point. The cruise control stopped working right at 36k. The water pump went out at 85k and also the radiater started leaking at this point. the plastic tank on the drivers side of the radiator cracked. Of course the brakes and the struts have been replaced also but that is expected maintenance. Now at 120k the car just feels worn out even with the new struts. Maybe this is the norm with all Fords!

Taurus Reborn at a price. Weak Trany
By First Taurus on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it 01/99 with 42,000 miles and was well maintained previously. Water pump stated squealing 11/99, and of course it was two weeks after the 1 year waranty of the water pump replaced by the previous owner. Dealer wouldn't honor the waranty. Had problems with dealership ongoing. 01/00 - transmission had to be rebuilt at about 60,000 miles at over $1400. Common Taurus problem. Later Replaced the oil pan gasket (another common Taurus problem at $300). Over the last year and a half, no problems and has been reliable, although AC making noises.

I'm ready for a new one
By snellville on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my 94 taurus in 97 with 45,000 miles on her, I fell in love with her from day 1. From the smooth and extremely powerful 3.0 liter v6 to her beautiful looks on the outside I can't decide which is better. Other similiar cars such as the mercury sable are slower than the taurus I've raced a few. Getting back to the title of my review, I can't wait to buy a new taurus, just think of all the advancements they must have made in 8 years to an almost already perfect car, it's definately gonna be my next car purchase since my 94 has over 100,000 miles on her with no major problems just routine maintence.

Piece of Junk!!!
By dissatisfied on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Transmission rehauled twice (43K and 93K). Head gasket bad at 42K. Air conditioning problems (twice). Engine mounts went bad 93K. Struts bad at 80K.

Piece of Junk!!!
By Dissatisfied on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Old Faithful
By LoveMyTaurus on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I learned to drive on my parents 1995 Ford Taurus GL and I loved the thing. It would take the abuse and ask for more. I bought my own 1994 LX this past February and I'm thrilled with it. I have a car with leather, sunroof, power everything, chrome wheels for a cheap price. I drive my taurus everyday and back and forth between NY and PA. I've driven it to SC and back loaded with luggage and passengers in 100 degree weather, no troubles. The only thing repaired on this vehicle was a transmission sensor.

Inexpensive, Reliable, and Bland.
By ehiser on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My Taurus was a real bargain; these cars have zero resale value and I got mine for only $1200. At 139,000 miles it still runs strong with no major problems. Taurus transaxles are notoriously bad and they have lots of little electrical problems, for example neither rear power window works on mine. But I still say they make a fine daily driver for the thrifty.