1994 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews 4

1994 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Lemon from hell
By Catrina on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car with 59k, by 80k my spedometer stoped working, the door panels came off my doors in the back, each window needed a new motor, the radiator went, the power locks went, my stock radio kept comming up with a message "tele" on the screen and it would stop working, it rusted uncontrolabley, my windsheild washer fliud contaner formed a hole in it, i got a huge oil leak, and after fixing all that i went to trade it in and by this time it had 90k on my way to the toyota dealership (because i'll never by another ford again) the transmission went

MY FORD TARURUS
By GRFWW on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

The car has performed admirably and has given us very little trouble. We have had the car for nine years and have had very few repairs done on it. I highly recommend the Taurus.

Stang Killer
By Dougie420 on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I love this car so much. No sedan can compare to the raw, unyielding power of this four door muscle car. I get twenty miles to the gallon, AND can haul all my friends around rather comfortably. This car is the perfect blend of performance, sports car feel, luxury, and practicality, although I do agree with everyone else's reviews in that these cars are EXTREMELY expensive to fix. Believe me though, if you enjoy driving like I do, the expenses of upkeep pale in comparison to the amount of exileration you feel when you hear the roar of that freakishly powerful Yamaha engine.

1994 Taurus Wagon Review
By bthbee on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Wagon

This car is comfortable to ride in. It can accommodate up to 8 people with the foldout back seat. Things that tend to break are more unusual. Starter motor and ignition switch, window buttons,windshield wiper motor. We did have to have the engine replaced under warranty because of a drip from the oil compartment. I like the car and find that it is reliable. I'd buy the car again. I have to say I don't like the redesign as much.

Don't Buy This Ford Taurus
By RickB on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

We bought this vehicle based on the Consumer Reports review. The Ford ran fine for a couple of years and then the problems started. In the past 8 years, we have replaced the starter 4 times, the fuel pump 3-4 times, had the transmission worked on, the radiator replaced, as well as one head and head gaskets replaced. In addition to many other mechanical problems, such as the two rear power windows failing. Whatever you do, stay away from Ford's 3.8L V8 engine and transmission. The 3.0L is much better, and Ford no longer makes the 3.8L engine. They were problem prone from Day 1.

Third Taurus
By alshoe on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

The 94 has been fairly reliable. It has the 3.8 litre engine. It is the LX Model and has many nice luxury features. The head gasket blew at around 75,000 miles, which is a common trait of the 3.8 V6. Fortunately, Ford had extended the warranty and repaired it at their costs. The body and interior have held up well as the car is parked outside often. The moon roof does leak though when it rains. The lumbar support feature on the drivers side seat no longer works. Am also concerned about the transmission as our 91 Taurus transmission had to be replaced. (See review.)

Love the Taurus
By Stouder on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I do love my 94 Taurus, sure it had its problems, but being handy under the hood, I could fix it all. That's about the best thing about the car, easy to fix. Every sensor is easy to get to, the radiator went on it a few weeks ago and I changed it out easily, as well. As fo looks, the older, original Taurus is stately and a very attractive car.

A car that lasts?
By Frannie on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

At first it was a nice roomy safe car, then the transmission started going anf all the radiator hoses got holes in them. If I were you and wanted to keep think car longer than a few years, I wouldn't buy it!

Best selling model, but poor vehicle
By Kentucky on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

This was a best selling model, and the sleak look and line of the 1994 Ford Taurus still looks good. But my vehicle simply did not stand the test of time for reliability. 3 transmissions and steering column issues later, I would not purchase another Ford Taurus.

1994 Ford Taurus SHO (red)
By JerryW on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I was the original owner. It has been a joy to drive and is a very practical car on top of it. I love the performance. The red color really stands out nicely.