1994 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Taurus GL 1994
By michael moy on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

When I bought this used vehicle there were problems with the transmission,and leaking radiator. The dealer had it checked by a mechanic but said the car is okay.

Lemon from hell
By Catrina on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car with 59k, by 80k my spedometer stoped working, the door panels came off my doors in the back, each window needed a new motor, the radiator went, the power locks went, my stock radio kept comming up with a message "tele" on the screen and it would stop working, it rusted uncontrolabley, my windsheild washer fliud contaner formed a hole in it, i got a huge oil leak, and after fixing all that i went to trade it in and by this time it had 90k on my way to the toyota dealership (because i'll never by another ford again) the transmission went

MY FORD TARURUS
By GRFWW on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

The car has performed admirably and has given us very little trouble. We have had the car for nine years and have had very few repairs done on it. I highly recommend the Taurus.

Don't Buy This Ford Taurus
By RickB on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

We bought this vehicle based on the Consumer Reports review. The Ford ran fine for a couple of years and then the problems started. In the past 8 years, we have replaced the starter 4 times, the fuel pump 3-4 times, had the transmission worked on, the radiator replaced, as well as one head and head gaskets replaced. In addition to many other mechanical problems, such as the two rear power windows failing. Whatever you do, stay away from Ford's 3.8L V8 engine and transmission. The 3.0L is much better, and Ford no longer makes the 3.8L engine. They were problem prone from Day 1.

Third Taurus
By alshoe on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The 94 has been fairly reliable. It has the 3.8 litre engine. It is the LX Model and has many nice luxury features. The head gasket blew at around 75,000 miles, which is a common trait of the 3.8 V6. Fortunately, Ford had extended the warranty and repaired it at their costs. The body and interior have held up well as the car is parked outside often. The moon roof does leak though when it rains. The lumbar support feature on the drivers side seat no longer works. Am also concerned about the transmission as our 91 Taurus transmission had to be replaced. (See review.)

A car that lasts?
By Frannie on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

At first it was a nice roomy safe car, then the transmission started going anf all the radiator hoses got holes in them. If I were you and wanted to keep think car longer than a few years, I wouldn't buy it!

Best selling model, but poor vehicle
By Kentucky on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This was a best selling model, and the sleak look and line of the 1994 Ford Taurus still looks good. But my vehicle simply did not stand the test of time for reliability. 3 transmissions and steering column issues later, I would not purchase another Ford Taurus.

Good car, but needs refined.
By bagel on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My Taurus has 145000 miles (50000 of them my own in the last 2 years) on it and I have not experienced tranny failure (although it does shift rather eratically) or the head gasket problems associated with the 3.8 V6. All of the features still work except the fuel door release. My car is reliable but overall quality and design are poor compared to the competition. The cupholders in front of the stereo are useless and the interior is flimsy. But the seats are comfortable and I get 30 MPG on my frequent highway trips. Plus the 3.8 V6 gives me plenty of passing power!

ford can not fix their own cars
By bluebird on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love this car,but it developed a problem with starting. Took to a mechanic or that iis what he called himself. $618.00 later and it still will not start. Took to Ford-$90.00 and they do not know what is wrong with the car.Maybe I can trade it in and let it be someone elses headache. I am tired of paying mechanics and tow trucks. It is sad Ford will not stand by it's product. Anyone else with this problem.

ford can not fix their own cars
By Bluebird on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)