Used 1994 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Could Be Better
By Bob

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Taurus in September '06. It has been an OK car, although it has not been trouble free. It has needed a new radiator, rear struts, new speed sensor, and new power steering pump, altough it is not unusual for these kind of things to happen to cars with more than 100k. The 3.0 L V-6 is good but lacks punch. Flimsy, shaky interior but a very comfortable car, runs well.

Comfortable seats, well designed interior, huge trunk.

Interior is cheap, though well laid out. Bigger backseat, more power. Sound system stinks. Could have better reliability

Problems with Taurus
By RJ

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my folks with just over 50k miles. Before I drove it home I had oil/filter service, tranny filter/oil changed and coolant flushed. In Medford OR as I started to move after a red light the tranny would not work. The tech told me a frequent problem beteen 50/60k. cost $2k. Then the A/C compressor quit, the cruise control works sometimes. Some minor oil and coolant leaks and back up light fussing. This car has been well maintained since being purchased new. I have never had this many problems with a car, half GM products and half Ford.

16 gal gas tank, large trunk space. Hood that stays open with out using a rod. Comfortable ride. Decent power. Radio controls on the dash.

A better oiling system for the tranny and better door seals that do not shrink and let in the whistles

Still Ticking
By Lisa N

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My Taurus has 198k and it is still running strong. I only have minor problems with it. The engine is still strong, though I do need to replace the transmission gasket soon. I think with the amount of miles on the engine it should not be running this smoothly. The only things I've bought since I got it were the average things that you always have to fix on any car.

Trunk space because I can fit a huge infant stroller and a months worth of groceries in there at the same time, cruise on the wheel, and with road trips I don't have to keep stopping for gas.

The way the engine compartment was designed, it's hard to get to things like the belt without taking other stuff off.

keep'n it till it dies; RIP
By mellowdude

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

The color caught my eye and since taking it for a test drive I was hooked! Nice car ... reliable and safe even if it's just going to work and back and errands. The only problem was the shifter cable that snapped from the shifter lever between the seats - not the easiest thing to replace as air ducts were in the way.

Cruise control on the steering wheel and visibility around vehicle is excellent.

A roomier engine compartment wouldn't hurt ... sometimes it's a real tight squeeze to get to the spark plugs and headlight bulbs.

Love this car
By Happy owner

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have 95k on this car and it's still running strong. Transmission was shifting rough, but a transmission fluid flush fixed that. Despite being 11 years old, it is a nice ride, and I'm keeping it till it dies.

3.0L engine, style, remote audio controls.

A better sound system, stay away from the 3.8L Essex V-6..