Used 1994 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

IT'S STILL RUNNING
By Suffolk

1994 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I drove my husband's Taurus Sho last weekend and the odometer read 261,140 miles. It's still going after we have had trouble with a newer 1996 Jeep (dead now) and a 2004 Avalanche (having problems now).

Piece of Junk
By Kent

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 116k miles. Almost immediatly had to replace the radiator, power steering, oil pan and valve gaskets, and both rear bushings. Gets terrible gas mileage, transmission slips, check engine light is always on, rides like crap, 3.0l v- 6 is painfully slow, and every interior piece sqeaks and rattles to the point I want to kill myself.

This car was very comfortable

Build it better, and its ugly

Running it until it dies
By demonspeed

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I was doing some reminiscing about my parents car - their Taurus. They bought this car when I was still in HS, and I learned to drive on the thing. It's been over a decade since, and they still have the car. Approaching 200k miles, they've rebuilt the transmission twice, replaced the alternator once and replaced the rear springs twice. Other than that, it's needed nothing. I blame the second transmission rebuild on a bad rebuild in the first place. Nonetheless, this car has seen it all and it still keeps going. My parents, as frugal as they are, will not ever get rid of it until it's absolutely dead. Oddly enough, I don't see it happening any time soon.

I remember how neat it was having the cruise on the steering wheel. Also, the radio controls near the steering wheel on the dash - or on the stereo itself - a convenience safety feature - just seemed new and interesting back in the mid 90's. Theirs was that ugly light green color, though, bleh.

They're still building them, and the 2010 model looks great. The only thing my parents GL was missing was the package labeled SHO...

This Car Is A Lemon...
By poofusnoof

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I got this car in 01, and its been nothing but trouble since we brought it home. We took it for a test drive..all seemed well, then we brought it home, and after you stop, and press the accelorator nothing would happen, and then your tires would squeal, and your off. We got the transmission rebuilt twice and looked at again, it still jumps BEFORE and AFTER you stop. PLUS I had to fix both shocks AND struts, Radiator, Water Pump, Motor Mount,Thermostat, Muffler, And for some reason the only power window that works is the drivers side, and the power locks dont work unless you press the lock button really fast, at least 12 times. Theres alot wrong with this car, But I Dont have room to list it!

When I get Out Of It.

Everything.

Could Be Better
By Bob

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Taurus in September '06. It has been an OK car, although it has not been trouble free. It has needed a new radiator, rear struts, new speed sensor, and new power steering pump, altough it is not unusual for these kind of things to happen to cars with more than 100k. The 3.0 L V-6 is good but lacks punch. Flimsy, shaky interior but a very comfortable car, runs well.

Comfortable seats, well designed interior, huge trunk.

Interior is cheap, though well laid out. Bigger backseat, more power. Sound system stinks. Could have better reliability