1994 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Love this car
By Happy owner on 09/06/05 05:33 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I have 95k on this car and it's still running strong. Transmission was shifting rough, but a transmission fluid flush fixed that. Despite being 11 years old, it is a nice ride, and I'm keeping it till it dies.

Cheap Fun....leave others in the dust
By db on 07/07/05 23:38 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

EXCELLENT experience over the last 8 years. Only repairs were a new radiator and 3 clutches. The last being the "final" lesson. Got a Grizzly Racing clutch that I should have put in 8 years ago; the Ford clutches stink.

Every problem imaginable.
By J Brown on 01/13/05 21:47 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I've had to put $1400 into this car since buying it 7 months ago. That's almost more than it's worth, but I kept putting more into it thinking each time that it would be the last repair necessary and that I didn't want to "lose" the money I'd already invested to repair it previously. The suspension system broke and the spring attached to the front tire snapped in half as I was driving down the highway. I had to replace the whole suspension system. The transmission jerks, the electrical system is buggy, and I've had more problems with this car than any other I've ever owned.

My Taurus GL
By Mike on 12/25/04 16:18 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Taurus a little bit ago, and overall so far its been a good car. Transmission has not failed yet (knock on wood - has 148k on it), but it does shift quite hard and abruptly. Check engine light has been on since I've had brought it to be looked at and apparently its nothing, so I don't know about that issue. If your looking for something cheap to go from point A to point B, go for it, if your looking for something for road rrips, get a Honda.

DON'T DO IT!!!!
By Dankel on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Since the day we brought our Taurus home, it has been nothing but trouble. The head gasket, brake system, pumps, air conditioner compresser, and who knows what else had the car in the shop more than in our driveway. I suggest you continue looking for a better deal. We originally paid 1500 and by the time all repairs were made, we put more than 3000 dollars into it.

All hell breaks loose after 90K miles
By NomoreFords on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

The Ford Taurus was a solid if unspectacular vehicle for the first 90,000 miles. After that, all hell quickly breaks loose: the transmission goes, the electrical system turns into a nightmare, and the engine slowly falls apart. Ford? Never again.

Gone to Salvation Army
By kcn6829 on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

wuz a gud car till transmission died

dont buy 1
By ihatemytauraus on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

bought this car with 86,000 miles from a certified dealership. since then i've replaced the transmission 4 times and have had to replace the entire engine. a truly poorly built car. the only reason i still have it is because i still owe money for the piece of junk. DON'T BUY ONE. STAY AWAY FROM FORDS ALL TOGETHER!!!

Taurus GL 1994
By michael moy on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

When I bought this used vehicle there were problems with the transmission,and leaking radiator. The dealer had it checked by a mechanic but said the car is okay.

nice but unreliable
By AlexVishnu on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Wagon

purchased used with only 57K. Very roomy and comfortable. Steering and suspension built excellent for long interstae rides - the driver does not tired, the front passanger can read or sleep. Therefore poor handling on twisty mountain roads: you need to react earier than usual, but I got used to it. I didn't like the seats. but again no seat is comfortable for everyone, my wife liked it. Head gusket failed at 63K, a disgusting knock in the engine emerged soon after that. Starter died at 75K. Now (98K) there is a problems with either driveaxle or differential. 18-21 MPG city, 22-26 highway. Average for 6 cyl in 94