1994 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Could Be Better
By Bob on 07/07/07 21:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Taurus in September '06. It has been an OK car, although it has not been trouble free. It has needed a new radiator, rear struts, new speed sensor, and new power steering pump, altough it is not unusual for these kind of things to happen to cars with more than 100k. The 3.0 L V-6 is good but lacks punch. Flimsy, shaky interior but a very comfortable car, runs well.

Problems with Taurus
By RJ on 03/31/07 16:59 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my folks with just over 50k miles. Before I drove it home I had oil/filter service, tranny filter/oil changed and coolant flushed. In Medford OR as I started to move after a red light the tranny would not work. The tech told me a frequent problem beteen 50/60k. cost $2k. Then the A/C compressor quit, the cruise control works sometimes. Some minor oil and coolant leaks and back up light fussing. This car has been well maintained since being purchased new. I have never had this many problems with a car, half GM products and half Ford.

Still Ticking
By Lisa N on 06/20/06 04:05 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My Taurus has 198k and it is still running strong. I only have minor problems with it. The engine is still strong, though I do need to replace the transmission gasket soon. I think with the amount of miles on the engine it should not be running this smoothly. The only things I've bought since I got it were the average things that you always have to fix on any car.

keep'n it till it dies; RIP
By mellowdude on 01/17/06 02:49 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

The color caught my eye and since taking it for a test drive I was hooked! Nice car ... reliable and safe even if it's just going to work and back and errands. The only problem was the shifter cable that snapped from the shifter lever between the seats - not the easiest thing to replace as air ducts were in the way.

Love this car
By Happy owner on 09/06/05 05:33 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have 95k on this car and it's still running strong. Transmission was shifting rough, but a transmission fluid flush fixed that. Despite being 11 years old, it is a nice ride, and I'm keeping it till it dies.

My Taurus GL
By Mike on 12/25/04 16:18 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Taurus a little bit ago, and overall so far its been a good car. Transmission has not failed yet (knock on wood - has 148k on it), but it does shift quite hard and abruptly. Check engine light has been on since I've had brought it to be looked at and apparently its nothing, so I don't know about that issue. If your looking for something cheap to go from point A to point B, go for it, if your looking for something for road rrips, get a Honda.

DON'T DO IT!!!!
By Dankel on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Since the day we brought our Taurus home, it has been nothing but trouble. The head gasket, brake system, pumps, air conditioner compresser, and who knows what else had the car in the shop more than in our driveway. I suggest you continue looking for a better deal. We originally paid 1500 and by the time all repairs were made, we put more than 3000 dollars into it.

All hell breaks loose after 90K miles
By NomoreFords on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

The Ford Taurus was a solid if unspectacular vehicle for the first 90,000 miles. After that, all hell quickly breaks loose: the transmission goes, the electrical system turns into a nightmare, and the engine slowly falls apart. Ford? Never again.

Gone to Salvation Army
By kcn6829 on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

wuz a gud car till transmission died

dont buy 1
By ihatemytauraus on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

bought this car with 86,000 miles from a certified dealership. since then i've replaced the transmission 4 times and have had to replace the entire engine. a truly poorly built car. the only reason i still have it is because i still owe money for the piece of junk. DON'T BUY ONE. STAY AWAY FROM FORDS ALL TOGETHER!!!