1994 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Extremely Reliable if you know what to look for
By papasmith on 03/23/11 22:05 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I had three 94 taurus wagons altogether. Everyone of them were comfortable and reliable. They do have some consistent weaknesses. The first seems to be the ignition module. I had to replace everyone on each car at least once. The second is the body control computer. When this goes, you will think that the fuel pump has gone bad. Find out where it is and tap it for a temporary fix. The ignition module problem will manefest as unsteady speeds. Other than that, nothing but expected maintenance. I or my wife drove these cars well over 150k each. A couple of these cars now have over 250k. I wasn't that big on maintenance. I wish I could find another with low mileage.

Every problem imaginable.
By J Brown on 01/13/05 21:47 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I've had to put $1400 into this car since buying it 7 months ago. That's almost more than it's worth, but I kept putting more into it thinking each time that it would be the last repair necessary and that I didn't want to "lose" the money I'd already invested to repair it previously. The suspension system broke and the spring attached to the front tire snapped in half as I was driving down the highway. I had to replace the whole suspension system. The transmission jerks, the electrical system is buggy, and I've had more problems with this car than any other I've ever owned.

Love the Taurus
By Stouder on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I do love my 94 Taurus, sure it had its problems, but being handy under the hood, I could fix it all. That's about the best thing about the car, easy to fix. Every sensor is easy to get to, the radiator went on it a few weeks ago and I changed it out easily, as well. As fo looks, the older, original Taurus is stately and a very attractive car.

Short range, poor shifting troublemaker
By ToddfromKY on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

12 gallons of fuel and 20 mpg to make this the poorest range of any vehicle I have owned. These won't go over 50,000 mils on a transmission. While it is roomy and rides well, it is noisy and the poor fit of interior components makes for lots of squeaks and rattles. Buy it cheap, drive it hard, and sell it before it needs a transmission.