1994 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Can't Decide Whether to Love it or Hate it
By labtech122 on 07/16/11 19:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it with 56K miles on it 81K on it now and it ran strong for the first year The car always pulls to one side so I had the tires aligned Turned out the entire front end (suspension, swaybar, springs) were shot Replaced those and all the tires for around 1800 Car still pulls to one side <.< Replaced water pump, radiator (twice), a short of an exposed electrical bundle near the firewall, tranny went out at 75K due to a leak at the tranny pan. Unknowingly drove it bone dry in inner city traffic. Had a used one put in for 1500. Tranny pan still leaks. Leaks a quart of oil a month from the valve cover. Needs a new timing chain gasket. Interior rattles and squeaks enough to make a man crazy.

Stories the same one.
By ? on 04/12/10 01:01 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I just bought a Taurus & am in a dispute to get my money back. the guy lied on the disclosure sheet but more important, I getting all the problems I'm hearing over & over in these reviews! Tranny, jerky shifting, thumping on taking off or shifting. Thing is, I like the car, really. Even though, as I've read here, the electric windows and locks leave something to be desired. I found the previous owner, who told me it has always knocked and shifted jerky, but you get used to it, and its been a great car, so I should have Arden fix the motor mount and ignore the rest and it'll be a good car for me. I'm 60, alone, no man to help me if I have car trouble. But I really like driving this car!

Good car but trans problems
By john on 02/10/10 10:08 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

i bought the car in 2006 at precinct auto sales it only had 99,000 miles on it i fell in love with it. It was white it was fairy decent interior and exterior for being an older vehicle. As the months go by i started noticing the car would make a weird noise after a stop and then jump it was not bad at first though. It started getting worse then one day the transmission went out on a hill..... it would cost about 1500 to replace so i decided to get rid of it and the trans shop said it may not work...it went out about 11000 miles later...

Bad used car
By ralph0722 on 02/05/10 17:47 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I lost my job and i had to let my new car go, so i bought a Taurus GL with 86k though will last me since only has 86k for a 1994 model. Wrong. 30 days later transmission died. spent 1300 to fix it. Lets see now what will go wrong next.

Used Taurus GL
By Ralph on 01/25/10 21:32 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought last month a used 94 Ford Taurus GL with 84k excelent condition for his age. Did a tune up, new tires, flushed coolant, new air/gas filters, gas treatment. The magic lasted 30 days. Transmision died 2 wks ago. Was bone dry, no idea how lost all the oil, i park my car in the driveway, no oil leaks, tune up was performed. I read postings on Taurus forums, almost all Taurus/Sable cars suffer from transmision problems. IDK how Ford could get away with Tauruses dying before 80k. And still survive. This is my first american car, always owned imports (had to let my new car go since i lost my job) though this Ford was gonna be a great used car. Bad choice. Engine is durable. Tranny crap.

Solid car
By Average driver on 01/12/10 17:24 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at auction 3 years ago for $100. Best $100 dollars I ever spent. It had 150k miles when I bought it. Now has 185k. I had to replace oil pan, put new shocks on it, but runs great. I really didn't baby it either. I'm a fairly aggressive driver. Did other standard maintenance, tune up, oil change, etc. Sad to say I may have killed it. Had it parked on a steep hill in 15 degree weather, and about a quart low on transmission fluid. Didn't let it warm up and transmission started slipping. Its been slipping, and not got any worse for about 2 months. I'm currently shopping for a new car. Tempted to get the 2010 Taurus...

Transmission Troubles
By Boo Taurus on 11/27/09 15:03 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 when it had 90,000 miles. Within 4 months the transmission went out. Had to have it rebuilt. 30,000 miles later the transmission has failed again. (Yes, I only put 30k miles on it in 9 years.) I'm not having it fixed this time. Let the junk man have it. I'm buying a Toyota!!!!

Piece of Junk
By Kent on 07/17/09 20:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 116k miles. Almost immediatly had to replace the radiator, power steering, oil pan and valve gaskets, and both rear bushings. Gets terrible gas mileage, transmission slips, check engine light is always on, rides like crap, 3.0l v- 6 is painfully slow, and every interior piece sqeaks and rattles to the point I want to kill myself.

Running it until it dies
By demonspeed on 06/03/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I was doing some reminiscing about my parents car - their Taurus. They bought this car when I was still in HS, and I learned to drive on the thing. It's been over a decade since, and they still have the car. Approaching 200k miles, they've rebuilt the transmission twice, replaced the alternator once and replaced the rear springs twice. Other than that, it's needed nothing. I blame the second transmission rebuild on a bad rebuild in the first place. Nonetheless, this car has seen it all and it still keeps going. My parents, as frugal as they are, will not ever get rid of it until it's absolutely dead. Oddly enough, I don't see it happening any time soon.

This Car Is A Lemon...
By poofusnoof on 08/31/07 06:30 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I got this car in 01, and its been nothing but trouble since we brought it home. We took it for a test drive..all seemed well, then we brought it home, and after you stop, and press the accelorator nothing would happen, and then your tires would squeal, and your off. We got the transmission rebuilt twice and looked at again, it still jumps BEFORE and AFTER you stop. PLUS I had to fix both shocks AND struts, Radiator, Water Pump, Motor Mount,Thermostat, Muffler, And for some reason the only power window that works is the drivers side, and the power locks dont work unless you press the lock button really fast, at least 12 times. Theres alot wrong with this car, But I Dont have room to list it!

1 2 3 4 5 next »