1993 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Reliable and Comfortable

1993 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

GL Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Reliable and Comfortable
By missnpoppy on

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

This has been my favorite car. I bought it in '05 with 80k miles on it. I have more than doubled those miles. I have taken it on numerous long trips including a driving vacation last summer from Washington state to lower California and back last summer. I get roughly 26 mpg highway. It is more comfortable than my parents newer Toyota Camry. I drive it hard on highway and rural unpaved country roads. This is one car that I'm going to miss when it finally gives up. I agree with the alignment issues which if you don't take care of regularly will wear out tires. I also have to replace brakes quite often. Other than that just routine maintenance. I definitely will stick with Taurus.

Very comfortable and roomy. I can seat 6 with belts and it has a huge trunk. My husband is amazed with what I can make fit. I like the pull out cup holders in dash. Also larger than most glove compartment which I keep alot of "just in case" stuff in.

Alignment is an issue. Two spark plugs difficult to replace as in hard to reach place.