Love at first sight.
By bhuggy on
1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan
Bought the car with exactly 150k miles a little over a year ago. I absolutely fell in love with the car when I saw an ad for it in my hometown. I replaced a few sensors and a muffler and we were good to go! Well.. sort of. Now, I love this car but you need to know what you're getting into. This is not a budget car. Maintenance is not cheap and you can get in over your head if you're not careful. Other than that I swear that a few electrical problems have actually fixed themselves. The alternator used to make the wipers slow down when idling. It hasn't done that since winter. Also the wipers used to stop halfway across the windshield on intermittent but it hasn't done that in a long time.
Favorite Features
The 3.0 Yamaha SHO V6 is an incredible engine with a very distinguishable exhaust sound. Lots of options. Gets pretty good MPG. Has a huge trunk even though I almost never use it.
Suggested Improvements
Having a hard time thinking of anything I love this car so much. Have heard the MTX transmission is a little weak but it doesn't bother me. Make sure you replace your rod bearings as the miles get higher.