1993 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Listen Up Ford! Make the

1993 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

Listen Up Ford! Make the SHO again
By Flip's SHO on

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I have owned my SHO for a little over 11 years now. I thought about trading it 4 years ago, but I could not bring myself into parting with it. It is so much better than the "sucked in sides" Taurus on the market now. Mine's a beat up old workhorse which I have admittedly abused of late, but my repair bill for last year was a little over $600 ($200 of which was for a couple of new tires). In fact the only major repairs I've experienced in all this time was a rebuilt transmission ($1600 at 130,000 miles) and a bottom end oil seal and water pump repair ($900 at 115,000 miles). I figure every month I keep this car is another car payment I put in my pocket. Fun to drive, hugs the curves and fast.

Favorite Features

Great suspension. Fast and durable Yamaha motor. The inflatable lumbar supports and side bolsters make the long trips easier.

Suggested Improvements

Ford, bring back the original SHO that you made until '95 (with modern conveniences, of course) and get rid of that awful SEL!