Used 1993 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Last Ford
By Loren

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Failed head gasket not covered by ford (94-95' only recall), AC failed, Susension failed, ride ok, other than driver seat the car is not confortable for others. NO power with 3.8L engine dog!! Many typical electrical conection failure, common with my 87' Taurus 6 years later and still not quaulity :(

Favorite Features

Style highway ride, climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Quality needs to be job 1, and more reliable components. Car today should last longer than 100K miles. Other can do why not FORD?

Smooth Going - GL Sedan
By Pfossit

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I had over 10 repairs from 1993 to 1996 while the car was under warrenty. Since then the car has run like a charm. The only negatives, the electric window on the back left passenger door stopped working and the air conditioning broke around 70,000 miles. Otherwise, going strong at 104,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Roomy for tall drivers.

Suggested Improvements

Better pick up.

taurus is best
By diane

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Great mileage & very reliable. Have not had a major problem and currently running on 150,000 miles of travel. Would love to have another. Recent problems, past month; new radiator, muffler, battery, and tune up. Small brake work. Spent $550 to fix all. Air conditioner in working order but vent works on upper only.

Favorite Features

Mileage, comfort, and safety.

Watch out for the 3.8L ones
By GotMach

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought one in thinking I was getting a good car with only 60,000 miles on it but had nothing but problems. Less than 500 miles after I bouth it my air conditioner went out. Then under 10,000 the motor blew a Head gasket. I have heard blown head gaskets are common in the 3.8L motors. My mother in law owns a 96' one with a 3.0 and has been having better luck with hers. Also my transmission I think was starting to slip.

Favorite Features

Roomy and Comfy. I like the way it drived....just too many mach. probs.

Suggested Improvements

3.0 maybe ok. 3.8 forget it

Taurus unreliable, but is nice
By adam Schiff

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My taurus has needed Fuel Pump, tensioner, fan belt : $325 Brakes, pads, rotors : $275 Exhaust : $175 Bag thingies over tires : $200 Other things I forgot : $500 Air Conditioner mt : $100 I suppose for 2 years of driving thats not too bad, but I think a camary would have required even less. Get one of those......

Favorite Features

It has this cool thing where you can control the radio at eye level. Also a remote door opener included on mine. These are safe cars at least.

Suggested Improvements

Parts SUCK, make them better. Engines should have all been recalled, trans are bad on alot but not mine, brakes give out too easily, my engine sounds good but it doesnt have alot of pickup, the heating system is a nightmare, a/c isnt good at all on it.