Used 1993 Ford Taurus GL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

truth
By me the man

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

good car needs transmition improvements.

size

better drive train Good motor, bad trans

Nothing to complain about
By Solid Car

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my 93 Taurus GL with a 3.0 engine 7 years ago and have had very little problems. I can remember only once having it worked on and that ended up being a simple repair. With 94,000 miles on it I couldn't ask for a better family car.

Safety features, Strong engine

Better layout of dash.

1993 Taurus GL Wagon
By Ken U

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle new aand used to commute to work for 6 years. My 19 year old son now drives it. The milage is 115,000. I haad several significant problems from the start including a burst hose and premature brake wear. It ran well for several years then there were more problems starting about 3 years ago. I have replaced the radiator, water pump, the entire steering system, struts, wiper motor and controls, AC compressor, power window and lock switches. I have invested a great deal of money but the car runs well, it's roomy and safe.

Interior room and comfort. Always starts

better quality control major components should last longer

Car you love, but hate!
By 93TaurusGL

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

When my parents purchased my 93 Taurus GL sedan, I hated it. It was a uncool, 4 door sedan that I soon learned had much more potential than I had initially thought. The 3.8L engine had great performance, but the transmission couldn't keep up. I had my GL for about 3 years and bought it with 113,000 miles. The last day driven it had 142,000. Other than the transmission starting to go bad, the car ran and handled great. The car tryed to run hot several times, and did not run well on hot days. It may not be really reliable, but this car saved my life when I was hit by a farm truck and was sent literally flying through a line of trees.

Safe car, all saftey systems work well together. Strong engine ( 3.8L )

Improve on transmissions, and cooling of the engine.

good while it lasted
By doug

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

i got this car in august 98. it had a rough time switching from first to second gear, (REALLY bad kicking) the headlights went out from time to time, and i had to get the radiator replaced once. but other than that it drove well. it was comfortable, relatively quick, and got good mileage. recently, the transmission went. in the end, i got 3.5 years out of it- so considering what i paid id consider that a bargain. the only downside is it only lasted 90000 miles... my advice: if you were looking for a short term fix a few years ago, the 93 taurus may have been a good choice. but now, their age and shoddy build probably make them too much of a maintenance liability to be worth the trouble.

roomy and comfortable for a small car. greater than expected performance as well.

put em' together better! its obvious from my experience and the reviews of others that this car is not built to last.