Used 1993 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

A Car to sink your money into
By maycat

1993 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Wagon

This was my first car I bought it for five thousand and had to put another ten thousand into the car to keep it on the road. It did survive several road trips but on the last trip a piston broke in the engine after I did a routine oil change. If you like repair bills this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

The size of the car helped with several moves.

Suggested Improvements

Computer died within thirteen years and the engine mount broke, front right spring collasped and maybe it needed more attention on the design.

Stay away from a Taurus
By junktaurus

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

One transmission/another one going bad. Only 107k on this car. Radiator/water pump/2 window wiper motors. This car is junk! Ride is rough, lots of road noise. Engine sounds awful.

Favorite Features

Lots of room

Suggested Improvements

Too many to list.

steering problems
By middleaged

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

While the car was under warranty, the rack and pinion steering had to be replaced 3 times. It is in need of another steering mechanism at this time. For some reason, the dealership service department cannot explain why this keeps happening. Sensors go out with no prior warning, and suspension is terrible. I would never purchase another Taurus.

Favorite Features

Automatic seat on driver's side, power windows, interior trunk latch release.

Suggested Improvements

Design better steering mechanism and suspension.

I love this car!
By Ed Johnson

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

Owned 5 years and 75K miles to 135K (60K). Yamaha engine is strong, smooth, and durable. Any older car needs alternators, water pumps, starters, belts, A/C compressors, cooling system repairs, and has oil leaks. Oh, and that "check engine" light; replaced the computer. No electrical bugs in mine. Auto trans sometimes confused by power downshifts. I like my grey cloth/leather interior with no fake wood trim, auto climate control, auto headlites, cornering lites, and premium sound, but wish it had a CD player, and wish it had the FoMoCo keypad entry system. Replaced the struts when it was in to have the steering rack replaced.

Favorite Features

Engine, handling, looks (it is pleasing,looks a little more "purposful" than a standard Taurus, but still "stealthy"), interior with no fake wood, and those adjustable seats. It is smooth, strong, agile and fast. Fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Ford, make another one. Use Lincoln LS "sport" as base, but SHO meaner and leaner.

i love my taurus
By jennco

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

My taurus maybe 10 yrs old but it's still as nice as it was the day I got it. My gradparents bought one new in '89. I always wanted one since, now I do and it hasn't disapointed me. My husband has a Saturn coupe and he's so impressed with mine. He wants one. I wanted to write this review about my Taurus because I hear people say that their not good cars. I can't speak for the new Taurus because I don't have one, and maybe their not as good as the old ones, but to say that they are no good is not true. I'm living proof, I love my '93 Taurus and I will tell people what a good car it is.

Favorite Features

Power Seats, even some newer cars don't have that option. Radio contorls next to the steering wheel. The trunk release, when you pull the lever the trunk doesn't just unlock, it opens.

Suggested Improvements

It's almost 11yrs. old so I'm going to say maybe a newer model would be an improvement.