1993 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
truth
By me the man on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

good car needs transmition improvements.

Nothing to complain about
By Solid Car on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my 93 Taurus GL with a 3.0 engine 7 years ago and have had very little problems. I can remember only once having it worked on and that ended up being a simple repair. With 94,000 miles on it I couldn't ask for a better family car.

1993 Taurus GL Wagon
By Ken U on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle new aand used to commute to work for 6 years. My 19 year old son now drives it. The milage is 115,000. I haad several significant problems from the start including a burst hose and premature brake wear. It ran well for several years then there were more problems starting about 3 years ago. I have replaced the radiator, water pump, the entire steering system, struts, wiper motor and controls, AC compressor, power window and lock switches. I have invested a great deal of money but the car runs well, it's roomy and safe.

Car you love, but hate!
By 93TaurusGL on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

When my parents purchased my 93 Taurus GL sedan, I hated it. It was a uncool, 4 door sedan that I soon learned had much more potential than I had initially thought. The 3.8L engine had great performance, but the transmission couldn't keep up. I had my GL for about 3 years and bought it with 113,000 miles. The last day driven it had 142,000. Other than the transmission starting to go bad, the car ran and handled great. The car tryed to run hot several times, and did not run well on hot days. It may not be really reliable, but this car saved my life when I was hit by a farm truck and was sent literally flying through a line of trees.

93 Taurus LX
By LineNoise on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Although the 93 is a alot nicer and has alot more power I have already paid more to repair it then I did to purchase it. The 87 I have had a lot roomier interior and it's more comfortable. I do enjoy the 93's, but the 87 has a more comfortable interior. I like everything else about the 93 better than the 87, other then the seats.

good while it lasted
By doug on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

i got this car in august 98. it had a rough time switching from first to second gear, (REALLY bad kicking) the headlights went out from time to time, and i had to get the radiator replaced once. but other than that it drove well. it was comfortable, relatively quick, and got good mileage. recently, the transmission went. in the end, i got 3.5 years out of it- so considering what i paid id consider that a bargain. the only downside is it only lasted 90000 miles... my advice: if you were looking for a short term fix a few years ago, the 93 taurus may have been a good choice. but now, their age and shoddy build probably make them too much of a maintenance liability to be worth the trouble.

pretty good car
By mattnealtaylor on 03/17/02 02:09 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

It's a pretty nice car. Semi-sporty... plenty of power and fun to drive. This car takes to Interstate roads like it enjoys them. Very comfortable. Very safe. Unfortunately, they also tend to have a variety of mechanical problems. You can expect to be in and out of the garage every few months with a $100-200 repair bill. But if you don't mind having to get them fixed up a few times a year, they are nice cars.

1993 Taurus LX 3.8
By Letsrock on 03/12/02 23:20 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Ive had problems with the starter wires falling off their connections. Easy fix once it was found I had the ignition lock cylinder detach itself from the switch ( Engine wont shut off with key )NOT an easy fix, and no doubt the dealer would charge a hefty price to fix, if your mechanically inclined you could fix it, if not good luck preventing yourself from scrappin it. These are the only probs Ive had.

Very enjoyable for a four door
By Jason W on 03/11/02 16:59 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have a 93GL 3.8L with a police package and am totally thrilled with every aspect of the car. First off it's plain and nobody suspects anything special. Second off it seems to be a vey safe and reliable car for my family. And finally it has 5.0L mustang top speed (I personally have had it up to 130mph, very stable). All in all it is a very fun yet respectable car.

An attractive, comfortable piece of junk
By derbarkasmann on 02/26/02 14:03 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Looks good. Very comfortable to drive. When it runs. It has been a very expensive mechanical nightmare to get it to 100,000 miles. I replaced it with a Toyota, what a relief. No more Ford repairs. As a used car, a free Taurus is still a bad deal.