1993 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
The Best Car Known To Man
By Eric Becker on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I love this car and i wouldn't have it any other way. :)

It goes and goes
By Paul Kleemeier on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car from my company where it was used as a fleet car. It has been through two teenage drivers and one front end accident. It had about 65,000 miles on it when I got it and I had no repairs on until the started failed around 95,000 miles. I had it tuned up about that time- first one. I spent around $1100 on transmission repairs at about 120000 miles. Still runs nice.

Ford
By bombbb on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car when it is 8 years old. It never has any big problems. It is big, comfortable, and looks like a luxury car...

You take care of it, it takes care of yo
By JayPee on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Solid car that has only one major repair since it was new. I had to recently replace the entire rear brake system (hoses, calipers, rotors, pads.)

owner
By clyde9 on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

No problems since purchase new. Today having 1st plug and fuel filter change. Also drain/flush radiator and replace hoses for 1st time. 2nd transmission filter and fluid change today 5-19-03. Has been reliable and confortable. Mileage about 27 hway, 20 city.

My garage is the mechanic shop
By PEARL on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

The first night I bought this car it started giving me trouble. It stoped, had to be pushed home by my husbands van. Bought a motor, and a radiator.Locks on driver side stopped working the next week, next week brakes and pads, oil change and tune-up. Yesterday was told I need another motor in least than two months. Plus rods and somethings else in the tire area. beautiful car drive good when it wants too. Has plenty of room for my familey we have long legs.I've had the car only two months to the day have paid over the cost of the car already. GARAGED AT THE MECHANIC SHOP.

My garage is the mechanic shop
By Pearl on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

overall rating
By Doris Mclendon on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

This car was a replacement for a totaled 1991 Taurus. This has been a good, dependable car with a average amount of maintenance!I hope it's replacement performes as well.

By AmandaGrover on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

The rotors on the brakes have had to be replaced already and are in dire need to replacing again. Brake pads have been replaced several times over. The blinkers stopped working and no one can really tell why. The piece that holder the windshield wipers started rusting out. The fuse box is extremely hard to open as is the hood. The acceleration on the freeway is very rough and the gears shift unexpectadly when trying to go from a complete stop.

Great Cars
By Chris P on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Repairs in the past 10 years has been minor. Oil Pan gasket, Radiator, Brake Rotors, Water Pump, Battery. Car has never beem maintained properly. Oil changes done whenever done...currently 4,000 miles overdue. Cooling system never was flushed, which lead to replacing Water Pump and Radiator. Sticky breaks distroying the rotors was the only agrivating problem. Right now due for a tune up as its hesitating on the highway. Its the Family Beater, and it wont die!