Used 1993 Ford Taurus GL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Gets me from A to B
By cheap transport

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I got this car free from my gramps a few years ago with only 50k miles on it. It now has 110k miles. Replaced the starter, and that's about it. The 3.0L doesn't have a lot of snort by today's standards, but it does just fine. And my ASE-certified mechanic says this engine is one of the better designs out there. He says stay away for the SHO 3.8L, it's prone to major issues, many of which require specialty tools and training to remedy. This has been a good commuter car. I wish it got better mileage though, 25- 26 mpg overall (mostly hwy miles). That's the price you pay for throttle- body FI instead of multi-port EFI though! Body seems to be holding up well against MN winters with salty roads.

Reliable (so far), seats 6, and the awesome 1980's design really attracts the ladies...well, OK, not so much! The old-school design serves more as a theft-deterrent (bonus feature). Big trunk for a modest-sized car.

I have the bench seat which is nice cuz it seats 3+3 passengers, but it is not the most comfortable seats. Had to get an after-market seat cushion on the driver's seat-back for added lumbar support. I wish it had ABS brakes, and a CD player would be nice, Barry Manilow on cassette is just wrong!

Love My Taurus
By love my taurus

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have had my Taurus for almost 13 years and had no major mechanical problems with it until the past year with 146,000 miles on it. I love everything about this car from the trunk space to the seats, to the radio controls on the dashboard. I feel safe driving this car. I have been hit twice in it with no real damage (cracked bumper & hood damage). When the insurance company tried to total my car, I said nay and had it fixed for $200. I know I will cry buckets when this car in finally unfixable.

Huge trunk, great seats, power everything and the radio control buttons on the dashboard.

That they make it last even longer!

Get up and go with newer engine
By roadrunner6700

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Very good, reliable car. I've owned many cars but this is a tough car with the new engine.Tough also on impact; I accidentally ran into a brick house and when I backed out it had no body damage, except one small scratch on the hood. Very reliable and TOUGH.

Power combined with gas mileage.

None so far.

fully loaded
By eric

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love this car, itÂ’s the best that I owned. I have a fully loaded GL model. I drove smaller vehicles and as soon as I purchased this one I fell in love with the Taurus. Soooo comfortable and smooth it is just relaxing to drive around and home from work. I suggest the Taurus to anyone.

Fully loaded and cheap to own and buy.

Rear suspension sags a little with some weight in the trunk.

Wonderful Car
By Ryan

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love my '93 Taurus. I use it everyday as a commuter car. This car has a lot of power on the freeway. Have had very few problems with the car.

A/C is very cold in the summer, parts are easy to find,

Cupholders can only hold a very small cup.