1993 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great Driving Machine
By tjhsncc1701 on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with only 38,500 miles on it and it has (Knock on Wood) had no major problem. The only thing I have had to replace on it is the Mass Air Flow Sensor ($60 at Auto Zone) and the Turn Signal Switch. All in all it has been a great car.

very comfortable car when it runs
By steven h on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

we got this car in 2000 and have had a hand full of problems ever since. we have replaced the motor mounts, rear struts, fule pump, air conditioning unit rebuilt the transmission, replaced the statrer three times and the car over heats. This car has good power and has great room on the inside. To fords credit the paint is still in great condition (this seems to be the exception to the rule however. For the amount of money we put into the car we might as well have a new car payment.

i will never own a taurus again
By roberta on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

i bought it ten years old ran great the first two months, in the last year i have replaced rack and pinion,air compressor, radiator,thermostat, cooling fan sensor,transmission pan gasket,front brakes,back brakes and a few other repairs that i can't remember what for.It has been in the shop for the past week with a possible broken head gasket!!Looks great but mechanically when it rains it pours with this car!

A comfortable piece of mechanical trash
By eisenach on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

The title says it all. Nice car when new, soon began to fail mechanically, all in all has been a costly nightmare. At Ford, quality is job what?

steering problems
By middleaged on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

While the car was under warranty, the rack and pinion steering had to be replaced 3 times. It is in need of another steering mechanism at this time. For some reason, the dealership service department cannot explain why this keeps happening. Sensors go out with no prior warning, and suspension is terrible. I would never purchase another Taurus.

i love my taurus
By jennco on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My taurus maybe 10 yrs old but it's still as nice as it was the day I got it. My gradparents bought one new in '89. I always wanted one since, now I do and it hasn't disapointed me. My husband has a Saturn coupe and he's so impressed with mine. He wants one. I wanted to write this review about my Taurus because I hear people say that their not good cars. I can't speak for the new Taurus because I don't have one, and maybe their not as good as the old ones, but to say that they are no good is not true. I'm living proof, I love my '93 Taurus and I will tell people what a good car it is.

Don't Buy
By NY on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have had nothing but problems with both the car and Ford. The headgaskets, water pump, fuel pump, alternator, A/C compressor, and radiator all had to be replaced before the car had 60K on it.

Overall Satisfied
By Ken in CT on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

After 10 years of my first Ford, I can say it has been fairly reliable - had some Mass Air Flow Sensor and O2 Sensor issues at about 50,000. Also, it has had 2 out of the 3 faults that I am told it is infamous for - broken motor mounts and now the tranny is shot. Never had problems with the third one - head gaskets, but it was probably coming. An excellent handling car in the snow, providing you have good tires on it. I would consider buying another one, but I would research a bit to make sure the tranny and head gasket problems have been ironed out.

The Best Car Known To Man
By Eric Becker on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love this car and i wouldn't have it any other way. :)

It goes and goes
By Paul Kleemeier on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car from my company where it was used as a fleet car. It has been through two teenage drivers and one front end accident. It had about 65,000 miles on it when I got it and I had no repairs on until the started failed around 95,000 miles. I had it tuned up about that time- first one. I spent around $1100 on transmission repairs at about 120000 miles. Still runs nice.