Used 1993 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Gets the job done
By Tuna

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Have had my Taurus for over a year now and no major problems yet. I've beat the heck out of this car (taken it offroading, hit a good few curbs). It's slow and the acceleration is pretty mediocre at best and not to mention it's one of the ugliest cars on the road. But it takes a lot to kill one of these things. All my power windows and locks still work - radio still works fine. Wiper's are starting to short out and the one door won't open from the inside but that's about it. If you're very frugal and you need a car that will last then get a Taurus. If you want something good looking then buy anything else.

Favorite Features

Good construction. Roomy interior and trunk. Cheap. Low repair costs, parts easy to find.

Suggested Improvements

Ugly. Horrible mileage (16mpg).

Love My Taurus
By love my taurus

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have had my Taurus for almost 13 years and had no major mechanical problems with it until the past year with 146,000 miles on it. I love everything about this car from the trunk space to the seats, to the radio controls on the dashboard. I feel safe driving this car. I have been hit twice in it with no real damage (cracked bumper & hood damage). When the insurance company tried to total my car, I said nay and had it fixed for $200. I know I will cry buckets when this car in finally unfixable.

Favorite Features

Huge trunk, great seats, power everything and the radio control buttons on the dashboard.

Suggested Improvements

That they make it last even longer!

Get up and go with newer engine
By roadrunner6700

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Very good, reliable car. I've owned many cars but this is a tough car with the new engine.Tough also on impact; I accidentally ran into a brick house and when I backed out it had no body damage, except one small scratch on the hood. Very reliable and TOUGH.

Favorite Features

Power combined with gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

None so far.

fully loaded
By eric

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love this car, itís the best that I owned. I have a fully loaded GL model. I drove smaller vehicles and as soon as I purchased this one I fell in love with the Taurus. Soooo comfortable and smooth it is just relaxing to drive around and home from work. I suggest the Taurus to anyone.

Favorite Features

Fully loaded and cheap to own and buy.

Suggested Improvements

Rear suspension sags a little with some weight in the trunk.

Wonderful Car
By Ryan

1993 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love my '93 Taurus. I use it everyday as a commuter car. This car has a lot of power on the freeway. Have had very few problems with the car.

Favorite Features

A/C is very cold in the summer, parts are easy to find,

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders can only hold a very small cup.